TFS Integration Tools – Issue: AnalysisProvider Not Found
When you are trying to load your custom Adapter you receive a message stating that it does not exist.
- TFS Integration Tools 2.2, March 2012
If you check the logs you will see the same message as the popup:
Application Error: 0 : [7/12/2012 2:41:32 PM] Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Toolkit.InitializationException: AnalysisProvider 06a2457f-ebba-4979-bc5f-0f5006b8b4e6 not found at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Toolkit.SyncOrchestrator.CreateAnalysisEngine(Session sessionConfig, ProviderHandler leftProviderHandler, ProviderHandler rightProviderHandler, ITranslationService translationService, IConflictAnalysisService conflictAnalysisService) at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Toolkit.SyncOrchestrator.ConstructSessionPipeline(Session config, Int32 sessionIndex, LinkEngine linkEngine) at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Toolkit.SyncOrchestrator.ConstructPipelines() at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Shell.ConflictManagement.ApplicationViewModel.m_constructPipelinesBW_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Figure: Exception in Log
No new information there, but it does imply that there is a problem with the DLL, or that it is not there. I confirmed that it existed in the /Plugins/ folder but on starting a Debug session we see that the problem lies in the complication for .NET 3.5. .NET 3.5 relies on the .NET Framework 2.0 and the new TFS DLL’s all rely on .NET Framework 4.0.
This problem is easily solved by changing the application settings from .NET Framework .NET 3.5 to .NET Framework 4.0 and recompiling.
Now we are cooking.
Did this solve your problem?
- TFS Integration Tools – Issue: Error occurred during the code review of change group
- Subversion to TFS 2010: The migration engine is unable to resolve a conflict where two changes have the same target item
- VSS Converter – Issue: TF54000: Cannot update the data because the server clock may have been set incorrectly
- Subversion to TFS 2010: Dealing with invalid Subversion SSL certificates and migrations
- VSS Converter – Issue: TF60014 & TF60087: Failed to initialise user mapper
-Do you want to move to Visual Studio 11 Team Foundation Service NOW? Microsoft is providing a Go-Live licence (that means that it is supported in production) and you can use it today! For help moving forward contact email@example.com …
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)