Windows 8 Development Resources for Everyone
If you are starting with Windows 8 development, but have no idea where to look for tools and additional resources, then look no further. Here is a list of places that you might want to visit to get up and running on WinRT/Metro development as fast as possible.
- Windows 8 ISO images
- Visual Studio 11 Express Beta (+ Windows SDK, Blend)
- Design Assets
- Sample App Pack
Developer Content (Articles/Posts)
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview Product Guide for Developers
- Selling apps in the Windows App Store
- Visual C++ and WinRT/Metro - Some fundamentals
- Popup Placement in XAML WinRT/Metro
- Understanding basic WinRT Metro Applications and Application Capabilities
- Deep diving WinRT and Metro style apps for Windows 8
- WinJS – how to use resources and do some globalization
- How to Write a WinRT XAML Metro App
- Building C# custom controls in WinRT Metro
- Visual C++ and WinRT/Metro - Databinding Basics
- What’s new with .NET, Windows 8, Metro, WinRT?
- Portability Goes Metro: A CLR and WinRT Love Affair
- WinRT Transitions – Creating Fast and Fluid Metro UIs
- Analyzing Windows 8 and WinRT
- Windows 8 AppBarIcons enumerated and visualized
- Building a good app settings experience in XAML
- XAML AppBar Button Styles for Windows 8
- What about Metro JS Projects and jQuery?
- WinJS Promises: then and done
- WinJS – how to create your own custom control!
From experience, I would recommend heading straight to StackOverflow or MSDN Forums. Those are the only two resources where your WinRT/Metro development questions have the highest probabilty of getting the best answers.