10 Best Time Management Apps For 2019
10 Best Time Management Apps For 2019
Whether you need more hours in the day or have too much time on your hands, these apps can give you a visual of how you spend your working hours.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
How good are you in time management? How often do you run out of time? We live in a fast-paced world where gaining full control over all the activities is a tough row to hoe.
There are many different approaches to managing your precious time. In marketing, for example, planning your activities months ahead is common (a marketing calendar is something all marketing teams use). In most software teams, Agile methodologies have taken over in terms of how task management is done, with the goal of managing the team's time really well.
Regardless of the field of work, the rising popularity of using time tracking software is proof of people's concern for their time. And yes, I went and did the research for you.
Here is a list of the 10 best time management software out there. All of these are designed to make it easy for you to track time. This means they have decent user onboarding, their user interface is pleasant to use and they may just be useful for you if you try them out. Take a look and let me know what you think!
ProofHub is used by small and large teams who want to make the most of their time. It is an online time tracking tool that offers a comprehensive suite of collaboration and project management functions. The tool is loved by more than 85,000 teams and businesses worldwide with clients like Netflix, Google, NASA, Pinterest, Bosch, and many more.
- Set time estimate for each task and subtask
- Make manual time entries
- Export the timesheets directly to the third party
- Mark your timesheets as private
- Hassle-free invoicing by exporting timesheets
Tick helped 22,169 people track 14,551,815 hours last year towards profitable projects. It has a streamlined interface to track time across different platforms. This time management software tracks time through a timer or manual entry, based on clients, projects, and tasks. Tick takes the mess out of time tracking so you can focus on important work with an hassle-free time tracking.
- Real-time budget tracking
- Track employee's time against smaller budgets
- n-app timers for comprehensive time tracking
- Assign team members to specific projects
- Time reporting for better billing and planning
- Recurring projects to save you more time
- Export reports to Excel, Freshbooks, or QuickBooks
DeskTime is a simple and secure time tracking app to keep your projects on track and on budget. With DeskTime, you can save useful financial resources as well as a lot of time by using the working hours to perform tasks.
- Private time to do something work-unrelated during office hours
- Record offline time like meetings and phone calls as well
- Screenshot feature for monitoring remote employees
- Calculate project costs based on time spent working on it
- Pomodoro timer to remind users to take regular breaks
- Customize reports with various filters
4. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a web-based solution that provides time tracking to watch your productivity soar. It's suited to teams from 20 to 500 employees. The tool provides valuable insights to see the way your employees are spending their time to improve ROI and overall team performance.
- Automated screenshots to help track activity
- Chat monitoring to see time spent in chatting with others
- Bill clients time spent on projects
- Track time spent away from the computer
- Alerts to warn you to stay away from other timewasters
5. Focus Booster
Boost your focus and make work easier. Focus Booster is a Pomodoro timer app for freelancers who work with multiple clients. It syncs all the sessions you run through the timer into the web app to keep a track of time spent on various activities. Focus Booster logs the time, task, and client to your timesheet.
- Learn and break the cycle to overcome distractions
- Clear visibility of where you spend your time
- Total accountability to create invoices in seconds
- Instant timesheets when you record your Focus Booster sessions
- Generate invoices or reports from CSV export
- Manual entries to record the meeting hours
Freckle's mission is to make time tracking fast, easy, and almost fun so that your team will do it with pleasure. You can easily create new projects with Freckle and manage any activity connected to it.
- Invoicing and billing for the time worked
- Tage entries to categorize and filter information
- The dashboard that shows your time expenditure
- Add time manually
- Categorizing people and running reports
- Mac timer app, iPhone app, mobile web app
Hours is a tool designed to make logging time easy. It makes real-time tracking easy by keeping a running list of timers to switch between with one tap. Just log in to understand where you spend your time.
- Set your typical work schedule
- Send a push notification to remind you to start a timer
- Track, analyze, and report time
- Pass your billable time directly from the app
An intuitive time tracking tool that is easy-to-use and drives rapid adoption among your diverse workforce, Replicon allows you to track time anywhere and links it to other apps. It transforms time into information that is understandable, useful, and deployable.
- Manage your resources, projects, clients, and billing
- Real-time visibility into project status
- Know your resource availability by tracking time off
- Integration with Xero, SAP, Salesforce, Sage, Oracle, MS Project, JIRA, and more.
Qbserve helps users to spend less time on distractions and stay more focused. It serves Mac users to keep track of what you do and provides constant feedback on your productivity.
- Project tracking on opened web pages, documents, and window titles
- Productivity reports for days, weeks, and months
- Timesheets with activity summary
- Privacy and affordability
TopTracker is a free time-tracking app for freelancers and employers with unique features. It’s a pretty simple app to create a project, optionally add team members, and track your work.
- Invoice clients, request payment for work tracked and recorded
- Payment processing made possible by Payoneer
- Detailed productivity reports
Time management is all about being aware of where your time goes, so you can make sure you only spend time on what's important. Have you tried any of the ones on the list? Or are there any tools out there that I missed, that should be on this list? Let me know in the comments!
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.