10 free guides to help you create intranet content
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
it is not often that i recommend on my blog information to read that i believe is helpful and easy to read. today is an exception (not just because i played a very small part in its creation)!
clearbox consulting with kilobox communiqué noticed that while on the top level of intranet sites there is good quality content, as you get into the lower levels standards start to drop. often people have been trained on the publishing tool but had little guidance on how to get the most from an intranet as a channel e.g. how to write headlines, how to phrase links, etc.
they have created an excellent set of 10 free guidelines , each 1-2 pages long, covering the following topics in plain english:
- effective headlines: help people choose what to read
- images: attracting interest and conveying meaning
- links: how to link to pages and files
- layout: how to structure articles for scanability
- how to help people search for, and find, your content
- content: write for your audience, not for your boss
- documents vs pages: when to use pdf, word, and other formats
- engage: writing to start a conversation
- channels: how to reach the right audiences with your content
- mobile content
i recommend you read and share these with your publishers to help improve the overall experience people have with your intranet.
thanks sam and wedge!
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.