This year, DZone released fourteen research guides, including four on topics we had not yet covered in their own guides: Containers, Automated Testing, Artificial Intelligence, and Microservices. Next year, we'll be releasing 16 guides, with two new topics and another that will go through a slight change. Without further ado, let's take a look at the new topics that we'll be covering in 2018!
Game Development: Building Immersive Worlds (3/5/18)
Independent game development is at an all-time high, across all systems. Some of the most acclaimed games in recent memory have been built by the hard work and experimentation of smaller studios, like Player Unknown: Battlegrounds, Cuphead, A Night in the Woods, and Pyre, and that's just games that came out in 2017! In our first new guide of 2018, we hope to introduce you to topics around AI, game engines, physics, and building your first projects. Who knows, you might be the brains behind the next mega-hit like League of Legends.
Open Source: Democratizing Development (5/14/18)
Open source software has been at the forefront of major technological innovations ever since Linux first started making waves in the industry. Since then, companies like Red Hat have made a killing on open source consulting, Docker helped redefine containerization, and larger companies like Google and Facebook have spent considerable resources on tools that will help all developers, like TensorFlow or React. In this guide, we'll look at the history of open source software, success stories, community guidelines, and why you should use open source tools.
Dynamic Web & Mobile Application Development (11/19/18)
In 2017, we released a new guide to web development, but not an update to our series on mobile development. However, we still saw a need for mobile coverage, and since so much of the web experience has been focused on mobile, we've decided to combine the two topics in our upcoming Guide to Dynamic Web & Mobile Application Development. Here, we'll cover the importance of UI, UX, and CX; mobile testing; and developing for Android and iOS.
The Usual Suspects
Here are the rest of the topics we'll be covering next year:
- Big Data
- Java 9
- Automated Testing
- Artificial Intelligence
- API Management
Want More 12 Days of Content Articles?
You're in luck! Here's the list of the other 12 Days of Content articles:
- 1st Day of Content, DZone gave to me: DZone People on Twitter
- 2nd Day of Content, DZone gave to me: DZone in Review
- 3rd Day of Content, DZone gave to me: Top 10 Daniel Stori Comics
- 4th Day of Content, DZone gave to me: 2017 Guides
- 5th Day of Content, DZone gave to me: New Zones of 2017
- 6th Day of Content, DZone gave to me: Most Popular 2017 Refcardz
- 7th Day of Content, DZone gave to me: An Intro to our Zone Leaders
- 8th Day of Content, DZone gave to me: Ghosts of Articles Past
- 9th Day of Content, DZone gave to me: What Made our Zone Leaders Happy in 2017
- 10th Day of Content, DZone gave to me: Upcoming 2018 Guides
- 11th Day of Content, DZone gave to me: Zone Leader 2018 Predictions
- 12th Day of Content, DZone gave to me: Developer Resolutions