13 Top Tools to Consider when Choosing a Website Builder
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
With the best web building tools, you are able to blend aesthetics, functionality, and organization. This in turn translates to brand consistency, customer loyalty and, ultimately, higher ROI. Isn’t this what your main objective is?
Exploring 13 Best Web Building Tools
Here is a guide to the crème de la crème of web building tools:
1. SquareSpace: In a matter of minutes, you can create an amazing website using SquareSpace, which is turning out to be one of the best HTML 5 web builders. You can start off with a free trial to explore the wide range of web design available that will add a refreshing dash of color to your page. What’s more, the templates on offer are compatible with mobile gadgets.
2. Wix: This is a pure drag and drop HTML 5 web builder with hundreds of stunning professional templates to choose from. There is a free version with limited features, but what makes this an apt tool is the comprehensive customer support.
3. Weebly: It is rated as the easiest web builder to offer access to HTML 5 and CSS codes for more design flexibility. It comes with full e-commerce tools to start you on your journey to making money either on its domain or with your own domain name.
4. Moonfruit: This is a free web building tool offering a click and drag function, over 60 templates, easy to use interface and capability to build any type of web page.
5. IM Creator: Cutting edge templates are the reason this tools launch in 2011 is dominant. It is a drag and drop website builder that helps you build scintillating websites. You can get discount coupon codes to buy it cheaply using Software Discount Codes.
6. Breezi: Whether you are a pro or a novice, Breezi offers excellent pixel quality and highly relevant websites. Once you identify your target industry, you are halfway done.
7. Cabanova: This web builder is also primed for mobile platforms. You can get a free version with limited applications and over 1,000 high quality templates.
8. SiteCube: Its creator calls it the easiest HTML 5 web builder and its responsive website templates attests to its prominence. You can use SiteCube to build diverse websites such as flash and mobile pages.
9. Easy Web Content: This web builder has customized widgets and optimizes an amazing array of color palettes. It allows easy editing of templates and is compatible with all browsers. You can also add images, HD videos and much more.
10. Strikingly: A highly mobile and SEO platform optimized HTML 5 web builder. Its templates are compatible with all mobile platforms and its responsive templates are just out-of-this-world.
11. Dunked: An ideal tool if you have no programming background. With Dunked, you get eye-catching, pixel-perfect, professional and customizable templates. The templates are highly responsive and compatible with any mobile device. Whatever function you want from editing, layout, colors or typography, there are preset and advanced CSS editing features for you.
12. Designly: An apt tool which allows you to get a website by simply clicking, dragging and dropping content and images on the Designly interface. With this web builder, you have freedom to create your page from scratch without any coding skills.
13. Presta Shop: The revamped 1.6 version of Presta Shop offers a better frontend experience while still concentrating on backend responsiveness. With its five star in-built Sass Compass, you get a sleek, but easily customizable, website on a default theme that rivals the acclaimed best on the planet.
Still stuck on where to start your web design project? These 13 gems provide the best spring board.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.