20 Hours Window Phone 7 Training FREE
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Mister Goodcat (aka Peter Kuhn)
is a Microsoft Certified Professional Developer with multiple
certifications including Windows Phone 7 Development. Kuhn had
previously released individual parts of his Windows Phone 7 Training
series, but has now released it in its entirety, and its FREE!
The training covers various aspects of programming a small game for Windows Phone 7, including:
- Working with MVVM
- Unit testing
- Creating user controls
- Visual States, Triggers, Actions
- The application bar
- Sharing code between platforms (the project includes a WPF level editor)
- Working with the Toolkit (in particular, the LongListSelector)
- Advertising (both Microsoft's SDK and AdDuplex)
- Creating an about page
- Profiling your app to identify and resolve performance problems
- Details of the submission process
-- Mister Goodcat
The training video is focused on Mango, and making the most of its new features and Kuhn also provides the full source code for each session.
The FREE training video is available On-Demand Here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.