30 VS Code Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows
In this post, we go over some useful VS code shortcuts that you can use to code faster and improve your skills.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Developers who're working for a company will know the importance of every second. There're a lot of things that you can do to code faster.
Among all those, knowing some important keyboard shortcuts can help you save a lot of time.
In this post, I'm going to list some useful VS code shortcuts to help you. Let's dive right in.
30 Best VS Code Shortcuts
- Ctrl + p - Quick open file.
- Ctrl + Shift+N - New window.
- Ctrl + Shift + W - Close window.
- Alt + up/down arrow - Move up or down a line.
- Shift + Alt + up/down arrow - Copy a line.
- Ctrl + / - Toggle line comment.
- Shift + Alt + A - Block comment.
- Ctrl + G - Go to line.
- Ctrl + Shift + M - Show problems Panel.
- F8 - Next error.
- Shift + F8 - Previous error.
- Shift + Alt + F - Format document.
- Ctrl + L - Select the current line.
- F12 - Definition.
- Ctrl + \ - Split the editor.
- F5 - Debug start.
- Shift + F5 - Debug stop.
- F11 - Toggle fullscreen.
- Ctrl + B - Sidebar visibility.
- Ctrl + Shift + T - Reopen the closed editor.
- Ctrl + ' - Show terminal.
- Ctrl + k Ctrl + I - Show hover.
- Ctrl + K Z - Zen Mode.
- Ctrl + Shift + G - Show source control.
- Ctrl + Shift + D - Open Debug.
- Ctrl + Shift + X - Show extensions.
- Ctrl + Shift + H - Replace in files.
- Ctrl + Shift + U - Open output panel.
- Ctrl + Shift + V - Open markdown.
- Ctrl + Shift + F - Show search.
Hope this will be useful to you. I will share other tips and tricks in my next post.
Published at DZone with permission of Mohamed Natheem. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.