Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Insight into the right steps to take for migrating workloads to public cloud and successfully reducing cost as a result. Read the Guide.
This week has been crazy busy. I'm really surprised I had time to find this many links. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
- New Add-ons in the Windows Azure Store: Blitline, Cloudinary, PubNub, and VS Anywhere are now available in the store.
- Windows Azure Service Disruption from Expired Certificate: Yeah, this was unfortunate.
- Microsoft joins Open Data Center Alliance: Joins the coalition to help promote common standards and interoperability among cloud service providers.
- Node v0.8.21 (stable): Another week, another Node.js release
- Sails.js – Realtime MVC Framework for Node.js: A new MVC framework that is similar to Ruby on Rails. Has Socket.IO built-in, which is nice. Be sure to watch the video.
- Adding to Discourse using Ember.js Part 1: Routing and Templates: Part one of a series about using Ember.js when building Discourse.org. This week is routing and templates.
- Speaking With the Ember.js Core Team: An interview with the folks behind Ember.js.
- Durandal: Durandal is a new framework for single page apps, built on top of jQuery, Knockout and Require.JS.
- A fun, difficult introduction to D3: D3 is a data visualization thing that’s becoming popular. Here’s an introduction to it.
- D3.js 101: And here’s another D3 introduction
- Loader.io: Looking for cloud-based load testing? You’ve found it.
- Ruby 1.9.3-p392 is released: More security fixes for 1.9.3.
- Ruby 2.0.0-p0 is released: You can get it from the usual places.
- RubyGems 2.0 released: Grab a new version of bundler.
- Rails 4.0 Beta 1 Released: Now that you’ve got Ruby 2.0, grab Rails 4.0 beta.
- Getting started with Ruby and Rails 4.0 beta: Get started using Rails 4.0 on Ruby 2.0.
- One does not simply…(Turbolinks edition): Turbolinks are a new thing with Rails 4.0, and like any new thing there’s controversy.
- A Guide to Method Chaining: A good intro to method chaining
- Creating a Game for the Windows Store: How to create a simple app for the Windows 8 store.
- Introducing the HTML5 Hard Disk Filler: or, how to troll using HTML5 localstorage.
- Coding Confessional: Anonymous confessions from programmers.
- Debuggex beta: Working with regular expressions? Debuggex is a browser based regular expression debugger/tester.
- Convert Apache .htaccess to IIS web.config: A useful article if you’re moving from Apache to IIS. Covers the IIS equivalents of mod_dir, mod_headers, mod_mime, mod_rewrite, and mod_gzip.
- The Internet’s Best Placeholder Image Sites: A rundown of interesting placeholder sites.
- Get Git all up in your gutter with Git Gutter: If you use Sublime Text and Git, you might be interested in this plugin.
Published at DZone with permission of Larry Franks , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.