The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Mendix. Better understand the aPaaS landscape and how the right platform can accelerate your software delivery cadence and capacity with the Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service.
This week has been crazy busy. I'm really surprised I had time to find this many links. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
- New Add-ons in the Windows Azure Store: Blitline, Cloudinary, PubNub, and VS Anywhere are now available in the store.
- Windows Azure Service Disruption from Expired Certificate: Yeah, this was unfortunate.
- Microsoft joins Open Data Center Alliance: Joins the coalition to help promote common standards and interoperability among cloud service providers.
- Node v0.8.21 (stable): Another week, another Node.js release
- Sails.js – Realtime MVC Framework for Node.js: A new MVC framework that is similar to Ruby on Rails. Has Socket.IO built-in, which is nice. Be sure to watch the video.
- Adding to Discourse using Ember.js Part 1: Routing and Templates: Part one of a series about using Ember.js when building Discourse.org. This week is routing and templates.
- Speaking With the Ember.js Core Team: An interview with the folks behind Ember.js.
- Durandal: Durandal is a new framework for single page apps, built on top of jQuery, Knockout and Require.JS.
- A fun, difficult introduction to D3: D3 is a data visualization thing that’s becoming popular. Here’s an introduction to it.
- D3.js 101: And here’s another D3 introduction
- Loader.io: Looking for cloud-based load testing? You’ve found it.
- Ruby 1.9.3-p392 is released: More security fixes for 1.9.3.
- Ruby 2.0.0-p0 is released: You can get it from the usual places.
- RubyGems 2.0 released: Grab a new version of bundler.
- Rails 4.0 Beta 1 Released: Now that you’ve got Ruby 2.0, grab Rails 4.0 beta.
- Getting started with Ruby and Rails 4.0 beta: Get started using Rails 4.0 on Ruby 2.0.
- One does not simply…(Turbolinks edition): Turbolinks are a new thing with Rails 4.0, and like any new thing there’s controversy.
- A Guide to Method Chaining: A good intro to method chaining
- Creating a Game for the Windows Store: How to create a simple app for the Windows 8 store.
- Introducing the HTML5 Hard Disk Filler: or, how to troll using HTML5 localstorage.
- Coding Confessional: Anonymous confessions from programmers.
- Debuggex beta: Working with regular expressions? Debuggex is a browser based regular expression debugger/tester.
- Convert Apache .htaccess to IIS web.config: A useful article if you’re moving from Apache to IIS. Covers the IIS equivalents of mod_dir, mod_headers, mod_mime, mod_rewrite, and mod_gzip.
- The Internet’s Best Placeholder Image Sites: A rundown of interesting placeholder sites.
- Get Git all up in your gutter with Git Gutter: If you use Sublime Text and Git, you might be interested in this plugin.