30 Ruby Coding Challenges in 30 Days - Intro
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
We’re going to have some fun by solving 30 Coding Challenges using Ruby for:
- Folks who are just getting started.
- Folks who just want to stretch their brain a little bit more.
- Folks who just want to have fun in preparing themselves for coding interviews.
Why am I Doing This?
- Just want to help the community grow :).
- Just want to validate my Youtube gears.
What Is This About?
- We’ll explore 30 Coding Challenges involving Numbers, Arrays, Strings, and Hashes
- Don’t worry about Ruby. It’s all about problem-solving skills and not about programming languages.
- I’m going to explain all of them through these tutorials and videos.
- You’ll see some explanations with my terrible handwriting skills.
What Is This Not About?
- No, it’s not about decorating code for coding interviews. But it can help you.
- No, it’s not about data structures. But I’m preparing a specific course for that.
What About the Ruby Environment?
- No excuses, you don’t need that.
- Here is the link for a Ruby Online Compiler, which I’m going to share all of the code and you can also play around.
How Is This Course Is Structured?
First of all, I wouldn’t say that this is a course but I would say that we have some structure:
- we’re going to solve 30 challenges in 30 days.
- If you’re watching or reading this later, you can do that in 1 day of course :)
- Just to organize: Integers, Strings, Arrays, and Hash Problems and Algorithms
Hopefully, you’ll feel comfortable in solving problems like the famous Factorial and Fibonacci and not so famous Amicable Algorithm
Don’t worry about the names, all the solutions will be simple
- You’ll get more exercises on the website if you want
- I’m creating a Free Ruby course if you want to go a little bit deeper on that.
- I’m creating a Free Data Structures and Algorithms course if you want a more organized way to solve algorithms.
The most important goal: It’s all about having fun while solving simple but great coding challenges.
I'll write a new article here every single day for the next 30 days in case you're a more reading person
I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I will and see you soon :)
Published at DZone with permission of Alexandre Gama. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
Integrating AWS With Salesforce Using Terraform
Introduction To Git
Authorization: Get It Done Right, Get It Done Early
How To Integrate Microsoft Team With Cypress Cloud