Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Download the Essential Cloud Buyer’s Guide to learn important factors to consider before selecting a provider as well as buying criteria to help you make the best decision for your infrastructure needs, brought to you in partnership with Internap.
Links to some nice articles found (recently) on other blogs, or
websites, in English
- "Tensions Run High Between Bank Regulators" on
- "Saving the banks, but not reckless bankers"
- "To where should all roads lead?" via
- "Banks Face Derivatives Margin Losses As Too-Big-To-Fail Ends"
- "Why High-Frequency Trading Doesn’t Compute"
- "Lorenz curve and U.S. Health Care Spending"
- "the survival of the stupidest" via
- "Impact factor manipulation" "Citing to win as journals 'game' system"
- "I am sick of impact factors and so is science"
- "Open access in research: catch up on the debate"
- "What does an Editor look for?" (especially the end of the "The Analysis" section, on statisticians) "If
you are lucky enough to find a statistician who can communicate with
the non-numerate and is of the opposite sex, you should consider a
proposal of marriage. It’s that important."
- [free ebook] Berger and Wolpert's "Likelihood Principle" (1984)
- [free ebook] Brown's "Fundamentals of statistical exponential families with applications in statistical decision theory"
- "Noncomputability, unpredictability, undecidability, and unsolvability in economic theories" from
- "Can we understand agent-based models?"
- "Economics of Antibiotics Resistance" and pdf paper
- "Climate Change Is Here — And Worse Than We Thought" by NASA’s climatologist James Hansen
- ''Unpaid research internships reveal a dangerous hypocrisy in academia"
- "The college-cost calamity" (in the U.S.)
- "Putting A Price Tag On Your Descendants" ("... the answer hinges on the discount rate")
- "Using Bayes’ Theorem in Behavioural Crime Linking of Serial Homicide" via
- "Negative rates as a precursor to the death of banking"
- "Retracted articles and unethical behavior in economics journals?"
- Forget Titanic: Women and children rarely first off sinking ships" "the crew has the highest survival rate"
- "Why Algebra Matters (and Why Andrew Hacker is Off-Target)" , "Yes, algebra is necessary" via , or "Abandoning Algebra Is Not the Answer" via answering to
- "Why do the markets love government debt?"
- "The more money, the merrier?" and "Inequality: Why egalitarian societies died out"
et en francais,
- "Universités privées : la catastrophe" sur les inégalités du système universitaire aux Etats-Unis
- "La mainmise des machines sur les marchés financiers en question"
- Chaine de Markov et jeux, le Monopoly via
- "Le mercato universitaire"
- "Qu’attendre des Assises de l’enseignement supérieur et de la recherche ? Rien, ou pire encore ?"
- "Comment la propriété intellectuelle a transformé les Jeux olympiques en cauchemar cyberpunk"
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Internap. Read Bare-Metal Cloud 101 to learn about bare-metal cloud and how it has emerged as a way to complement virtualized services.
Published at DZone with permission of
, DZone MVB
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.