Continuing a series of articles focusing on NetBeans users and their five favorite NetBeans IDE features, here's the next part, by Manish Deo. -- NetBeans team.
My name is Manish Deo, I am from Bangalore in India and am a team leader and technical architect for a proprietary service creation and integration platform at leading bank, in Lagos, Nigeria.
What are your 5 favorite NetBeans features?
1. Java Swing Application development. Developing Java desktop applications is very simple. Simply drag and drop Swing components and start writing business code. I had several challenges in the past, while now NetBeans IDE gives me the flexibility to build applications within very little time.
2. Master/Detail Sample form. This is another great advantage of tools. Using this feature, it takes almost no time to create a CRUD application.
3. Web Services. NetBeans IDE lets us easily and quickly create web services.
4. Entity Creation. In NetBeans IDE, the entity creation feature is another great tool that helps to generate entity classes quickly and without any errors. Simply connect to the desired database and select the tables you need, finally complete the steps in the wizard to generate entities.
5. Web Service testing. The Services window in NetBeans IDE allows you to do many things. In particular, Web Service testing is a very unique feature for generating client code, as well. The greatest thing is that the process is based on simple steps and drag-and-drop features.
Do you and your colleagues also want to share your team's favorite NetBeans features with the world? Write to netbeans dot webmaster at gmail dot com.