6 stages of social business adoption
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The Social Organization outlines six distinct stages organisations go through on their way to becoming a social business.
- Folly – when people think social media is a waste of time
- Fearful – when people are scared of giving people a voice
- Flippant – neither fear nor fervour. Build and pray approach.
- Formulating – when value is seen and strategies attempted
- Forging – where people integrate social media into their daily lives and it breaks out of a community manager/marketing dept responsibility
- Fusing – the most advanced attitude, when social media philosophies are at the heart of everything we do.
Which stage are you at?
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.