The Social Organization outlines six distinct stages organisations go through on their way to becoming a social business.
- Folly – when people think social media is a waste of time
- Fearful – when people are scared of giving people a voice
- Flippant – neither fear nor fervour. Build and pray approach.
- Formulating – when value is seen and strategies attempted
- Forging – where people integrate social media into their daily lives and it breaks out of a community manager/marketing dept responsibility
- Fusing – the most advanced attitude, when social media philosophies are at the heart of everything we do.
Which stage are you at?