5 Top Database Development Solutions
5 Top Database Development Solutions
Yaniv Yehuda provides his list of the top five database development solutions, based upon value and efficiency.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
RavenDB vs MongoDB: Which is Better? This White Paper compares the two leading NoSQL Document Databases on 9 features to find out which is the best solution for your next project.
Figuring out the most efficient database development solutions for you can be the difference in avoiding potential pitfalls and effectively dealing with today’s rapid business cycles. “Time is money” is not just a cliché term that is thrown around in long, drawn out, inefficient business meetings. For database development teams, maximizing competence, performance, adaptability, and readiness, will help simplify development and allow automation to achieve repeatable processes, all while avoiding potential risks that create downtime.
These nimble development solutions are in high demand and are coveted for the ability to streamline processes with an end to end approach that allow developers to simplify development, stay on top of the latest technology innovations, and build modern applications.
Here are our picks for some of the most valuable and efficient Database Development Solutions:
- Dell Software Toad Development Suite: Ranked number one in the Database Development and Optimization software submarket by IDC in November 2015, Toad allows you to ensure repeatable processes, supported by agile database development, minimizes risks associated with changes to the database, and automate SQL automation. Most notably, its highly visual interface helps reduce the learning curve while supporting a wide variety of database platforms.
- Microsoft Visual Studio: Great to use to regulate the development life cycle as an imperative part of your application development. Visual Studio can help implement isolated development environment for each user. Team members can work simultaneously without interfering with other team members or projects. As its major added value, managing database change helps increase coordination efficiency among developers and database administrators.
- Oracle SQL Developer: As the first relational database designed for the cloud, it offers users the power and performance of a leading database delivered across a wide variety of the most popular application development technologies. It offers leading security, transaction processing, data warehousing, and big data as well.
- DBmaestro TeamWork: An industry leader in agile database development and deployment, DBmaestro deals with conflicts and merges while relying on a baseline-aware-analysis build engine that “takes your database into safe automation. DBmaestro unique technology ensures that a single source of truth is ensured, with their Enforced Source Control. DBmaestro also produces an audit trail that informs the user who did what to the database and limits access with their enhanced security and regulatory compliance system.
- Idera DB Power Studio: This product combines 4 solutions that help build and maintain mission-critical database applications, streamline the database change management process, and quickly pinpoint and fix performance bottlenecks;
- Multi-platform database administration.
- Automate and manage complex database schema changes.
- Automate SQL tuning and profiling.
- Develop SQL code more efficiently.
The goal of a database developer is to expand the databases range of functionality. In this ever expanding industry, in which its products and technologies are steadily increasing, the objective remains the same; “help organizations extract value from data, integrate it with new and traditional sources, and ensure quality and security.” This rapid evolution from rigidly structured data to databases that can handle different data structures, has allowed for each database administrator to work with the developer to customize the intricacies of building, developing, and reserving their database to their specific needs. Its limitations, end user problems are slowly disappearing, while solutions have been put in place to streamline the processes with new approaches that allow for expedited and more secure processes.
The 5 companies are industry leaders in the field, and as mentioned above have streamlined the database development processes helping developers stay on top of the latest technology innovations and build modern applications.
Help make this list complete. Add your top solutions in the comments below.
Published at DZone with permission of Yaniv Yehuda , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.