50 Useful Docker Tutorials for IT Professionals, from Beginner to Advanced (Part 2)
Back again! Take a look at this second part of the list that gives you the remaining 25 tutorials for Docker from young devs to experienced devs.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
This article is a continuation of a previous article found here.
Intermediate Docker Tutorials
Move beyond the basics by signing up for this instructor-led course from Udemy. Gain some experience working in more advanced Docker topics to help you in your application development and deployments.
- Requires working knowledge of Linux basics
- Covers using containers and Images
- Goes over using Swarms
Linux Academy’s Docker instructional video course covers material present in each section of the certification exam. You also receive flashcards based on the material to assist in your study efforts.
- Goes over every aspect of Docker
- Provides quizzes to test your knowledge
- Lets you take a practice exam at the end of the course
This video course from Lynda.com guides .Net Developers in using Docker as part of their workflow. They learn how to streamline their work and smooth out the development process.
- Takes you through building an entire project
- Goes through using Docker Compose
- Walks you through pushing images to Docker Hub
Learning Tree International created this live online course for IT enthusiasts looking to incorporate containers within their software development lifecycle. All the material comes from real-world use cases to help you understand practical applications of Docker.
- Requires knowledge of Linux, networking, and shell scripting
- Starts with the basics and moves on to more complex topics
- Costs $2,495.00 for three days of instruction
30. Painless Docker
Those looking for additional assistance as they learn Docker can obtain it by purchasing one of the video course packages provided by Painless Docker. You can get the basic package for $100 or receive personal one-on-one instruction by calling and asking for a custom quote.
- Provides you with lifetime access to courses you purchase
- Site offers periodic discounts on course packages
- Takes you through the entire Docker architecture
31. Docker Training
You’ll need a solid understanding of Linux and AWS Services and Infrastructure before taking on this course. Learntek’s $500.00 course provides you with 30 hours of live online training.
- Available in the US and India
- Starts at containers and goes through UCP deployment
- Perfect for those looking to use Docker in an enterprise environment
Steve Lasker and Glenn Condron take you through different ways to use Docker with ASP.NET applications. It’s great for .Net developers still trying to figure out whether Docker’s the right tool for them.
- Goes over the container workflow
- Covers using Visual Studio as an in-container environment you can use to target Docker Containers
- Takes you through Azure Container Service
This BMC Software web tutorial takes you through using Docker with Control-M services. You’ll need to have a solid understanding of that technology before you get started.
- Provides you with a container at the start
- Goes through building a container image and running a container instance
- Takes you all the way through to the conclusion of a sample project
Data scientists curious about incorporating Docker into their workflows will enjoy going through this online web tutorial. You’ll gain a solid understanding of the practical applications of Docker for developing deep learning projects.
- Shows you how Docker can help you share projects with others on your team
- Walks you through using Docker with Jupyter Notebook
- Takes you through how to work with different frameworks
Devartis’s blog takes you through tackling the issue of working with Docker in a constantly environment. It then shows you different ways to resolve a problem and gain the full benefits provided by Docker.
- Demonstrates installing Python within a container
- Shows you how to create containers with networks
- Takes you through each step in the configuration process
This web tutorial from Jammer.biz shows you the process the author went through to come up with a viable way to user Docker to create a WordPress environment with persisted data. He describes using different visualization tools to assist you in your work.
- Takes a boots on the ground approach to guiding you
- Shares the issues you’ll face with implementation
- Goes over the different settings in Docker
Here’s another guide intended to help WordPress developers use Docker as part of their process. This online web guide from ThemeIsle walks you through different aspects of Docker.
- Shows you how to use Docker with a local WordPress instance
- Takes you through the download and installation process
- Demonstrates getting containers to run
This blog from Get Into DevOps is geared towards Jenkins users. Learn how to use Docker with your Jenkins 2 projects.
- Requires knowledge of working with Node.js
- Shows you how to create a Docker file and build an image in Jenkins
- Takes you creating your pipeline job
More experienced Linux users can get a solid introduction to using Docker to manage different aspects of cluster loads. You should already know how to work with clusters before jumping into this web tutorial from CoreOS.
- Goes through launching a container
- Takes you through working with Docker and Apache together
- Shows you how to use the Docker registry
Advanced Docker Tutorials
Docker can be a big help to those building out their own scalable GitLab instance. Use this tutorial from DigitalOcean as a guide to help you on your way. You should have experience using GitLab technology before attempting to go through this tutorial.
- You’ll need an instance of GitLab on your server
- Shows you the proper configurations needed for Docker
- Demonstrates leveraging Docker’s caching tools in your efforts
Learn how AWS can be used to run your Docker applications on scalable clusters from this web tutorial provided by Amazon. Getting through this tutorial requires a firm understanding of working with AWS.
- Everything required to get through this tutorial is free
- Shows you how to use the Amazon Elastic Container Registry with Docker
- Takes you from creation to deployment
This video tutorial from Docker shares how to use different features of Docker to gain more control over cluster resources.
- Learn more about the advanced Access Control features in Docker
- Demonstrates defining roles
- Walks through examples of applying custom policies
Anyone looking to quickly get up to speed on Docker and learn about its more advanced features will enjoy this instructor-led Udemy course. Go from the basics to Docker stacks and servers at your own pace.
- Require a working knowledge of Docker basics
- Provides demos and coding exercises
- Goes over load balancing and the CI/CD pipeline integration
Learn how you can keep your Docker applications well protected by taking this live instructor-led course from Nebulaworks. This guide should be helpful to anyone tasked with any hands-on role when it comes to Docker.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of Container and Network Docker security
- Gets into role-based access control
- Goes over log streaming, metric tracking, and Docker platform auditing
Anyone attending the Usenix Lisa15 conference in Washington, DC this November should take advantage of this live training course. You’ll learn how to connect and deploy multiple containers on Docker hosts.
- Great for developers and system administrators
- Shows you how to find and resolve bottlenecks
- Provides you with practical tips to take back to the workplace
46. Docker Advanced
This course gives technology staff a better understanding of the entire Docker architecture. This two-day course from UMBC Training Centers takes its students well beyond the basics.
- Gain an understanding of network internals
- Understand the relationship between Docker and OCI standards
- Learn how to handle different issues that can arise during implementation
Learn how to save yourself a lot of time by using Docker Swarm and the Azure Container Service to optimize your entire system and make it more portable.
- Walks you through using ACS to create a Docker Swarm cluster on Azure
- Notes key configurations needed for your system
- Also goes through using the Azure CLI shell
This web tutorial from Serverwise shows you how Portainer helps you manage your Swarm containers or Docker host. It makes keeping up with everything a much easier process.
- Shows you how to install Portainer
- Covers the basics of container management via Portainer
- Guides you through different aspects of the interface
You’ll gain an understanding of how to upload the images you created in Docker to the Docker repository. It’s hailed as one of Docker’s most beneficial features.
- Walks you through the creation of a Docker Hub repository
- Shows you how to use this feature within an organization
- Demonstrates how to publish the container
Learn to combine the strength of Docker with the reliability, security, and stability provided by Linux Enterprise. Doing this helps you validate other Docker hub packages received.
- Goes through setting up Docker
- Shows you how to add images
- Takes you through creating your first container
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.