We’ve gathered the top 7 stats to know to ensure mobile works for you. These 7 metrics will help you make your case in using mobile as a key enabler for your organization.
01. Mobile has an outsize impact on the ecommerce world.30% of eCommerce revenue is conducted on mobile devices and apps today. (Source)
02. Mobile is eating the world and will continue to do so.
There are 2M apps in the App Store and on average, approximately 40+ apps are on a mobile device. (Source). In addition, 80% mobile users will download more than 2 apps per month (Source).
03. Bad apps are infuriating and a nuisance.Crittercism conducted a survey and found that 65% of users will delete an app after first bad experience. A bad mobile experience is akin to the kiss of death and no longer tolerated.
04. The bar is very high to build an app that is special, valuable and easy to use.20% of apps are used just once so it’s immensely important to grab users’ attention immediately.
05. Poor performing apps have a much higher crash rate than accepted.Crittercism data shows that apps should crash < 1% of the time, however most apps do not meet this bar. Poorly performing apps have a > 5 – 10% crash rate.
06. Latency in mobile apps is caused by many factors, including network and cloud services.Poor performing apps have greater than > 1 sec latency (Source)
07. Implement a Mobile App Performance Management Solution.There are millions of permutations of devices, app versions, OS, and carriers to manage to deliver optimal performance of mobile apps. Implementing a mAPM solution can help.