A Guide to the Best Data Mapping Software
A Guide to the Best Data Mapping Software
You cannot afford to pick the wrong data mapping software program. You must choose a program that is easy to load up and won’t be too complicated.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Discover Tarantool's unique features which include powerful stored procedures, SQL support, smart cache, and the speed of 1 million ACID transactions on a single CPU core!
Data mapping is a process in which data is warehoused into a series of models. These models are then connected with each other through a series of methods to figure out where data is to go.
Data mapping can utilize information in a variety of values and formats. The standards that may be used can vary based on the domain values associated with certain data models.
Data mapping is beneficial for businesses in that it helps businesses to manage their risks. Data can be organized into a series of connections and relationships in mind to help a business understand what risks might be about and what opportunities are available.
This also helps with organizing data in real time. It lets people look into where new trends and changes are coming about as they occur.
Also, it is easier for people to process information when data mapping is used. Data mapping helps businesses to visually organize data in a smarter manner.
However, data mapping requires a software program that can make a difference. You need to look at a great data mapping software program to help you out with getting your data organized.
What Makes a Good Data Mapping Program?
When comparing different types of data mapping software programs, you have to look at many key points:
- It must be a program that provides you with plenty of visual pieces of information based on whatever you are trying to load up or use.
- It must be fully customizable to support different data stores that you might hold.
- It should especially link up to a proper database that takes in the information you are trying to figure out.
- Analytical features in a data mapping program can especially be to your benefit if used right.
- An OS-agnostic option that can work in a web browser is always ideal.
With all this in mind, there are a few different popular data mapping programs for you to take a closer look at when finding a great solution that you can utilize.
- Sisense is a data mapping program that helps you to review information in real time. It works with as many database profiles as needed to help you get the most out of the information that you have to use.
- Stratum has a data mapping program that is easy to navigate and will work alongside spreadsheet programs to provide you with extra information on whatever it is you require. However, this is designed for larger enterprises that entail more than a hundred users.
- Chartio works with queries and scripts that are prepared through Oracle and MySQL programs. This is an infinitely customizable solution that works with just about every type of database. However, the display functions that Chartio uses are limited in terms of how data is to be portrayed.
- Pentaho works with not only fully analytical reports but also predictive support features. This helps you to gather information and generate reports that predict what may happen over time within your business.
- The Salesforce data visualization program will work with a cloud network to get to your database and generate information in convenient charts and graphs that are easy to use. You can customize your report in any way that you see fit. You can prepare your information based on anything you want to display.
A great part of these options is that they are easy to use and can work on any operating system. You can even get many of these programs to work on a Mac.
Data mapping can make a difference when it comes to getting your information under control. It makes it easier for you to generate reports and to figure out how the data coming into your workplace is organized. This can make a real difference in terms of how you are running your business but you must especially be cautious when it comes to getting information ready for your use.
You cannot afford to pick the wrong data mapping software program. You must choose a program that is easy to load up and won’t be too complicated. It must also work with the database that you’ve got to run while also being easy to customize. Anything that is difficult to work with or cannot be customized easily can become an issue.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.