A Sneak Peek Into Amazon Web Services Cloud (AWS)
A Sneak Peek Into Amazon Web Services Cloud (AWS)
Today let us learn about a powerful Cloud Computing platform called the AWS or Amazon Web Services Cloud.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The emergence of Cloud Computing has benefitted the software industries big time. The majority of companies have shifted gears to move existing projects on Cloud as well as build new ones on it.
Our previous blog introduced you to Firebase, an app development platform, that provides multiple services to build a robust web or mobile app. Today let us learn about a powerful Cloud Computing platform called the AWS or Amazon Web Services Cloud.
You may also like: Tools, Tips, And Tricks To Working With AWS
“Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.”
- AWS, a subordinate of Amazon, is a platform that offers comprehensive, on-demand, secure cloud services to individuals and organizations to build, enhance and promote business applications.
- Amazon Web Services cloud provides an extensive package of very useful services that, when collaborate and work with each other, produce highly dynamic applications.
- AWS enables us to create applications on the cloud, store data on a database cloud, distribute and deploy apps on the cloud server, all using its wide range of products.
(Please visit our official website https://blockchainsimplified.com/ for AWS related project requirements.)
The Amazon Web Services Cloud presents a vast collection of solutions like Compute, Database, Storage, Content Delivery so on and so forth, on a pay-as-you-use basis. Each of these categories has multiple products under its hood for different functionalities.
Below is a summarized detail of various services and their tools.
- EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) — This is essentially a web service that allows creating a virtual server on the cloud, that will host and execute the applications within it.
- Lambda — Lambda enables you to run code snippets and functions on the cloud, based on an event trigger. It eliminates the need for any physical or virtual server and provides the flexibility of simply executing the code.
- Elastic Beanstalk — Beanstalk facilitates the deployment of applications on the cloud automatically. It provides various tools like CloudWatch, AutoScaling, etc to monitor and maintain the performance of the app.
- LightSail — This offers you all the services required for deploying the app, maintaining storage, networking, etc.
Also, services like EKS (Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes), ECS (Elastic Container Service) for running docker containers, Batch for executing batch processes, Launch Wizard, Parallel Cluster and more, are part of the Amazon Web Services Cloud Compute.
- Glacier — Glacier, as a service, enables online file storage for data backup and archiving. It is fast and secure.
- S3 (Simple Storage Service) — S3 provides the infrastructure for object storage like files, documents, videos, images, etc. It provides high scalability, security, and high performance.
- Storage Gateway — This service enables on-premise virtual access to cloud storage. It acts as a bridge between the on-premise application and the AWS storage framework.
- Elastic Block Store (EBS) — It is block-level storage that can be used as the main storage for database applications and the likes since they are flexible and scalable.
Electronic File System (EFS), FSx, Snowball, etc are some other products that Amazon Web Services Cloud Storage service offers.
- DynamoDB — Dynamo, a fast and effective NoSQL database, is known for its extremely high scalability and minimal delay latency. It provides quick storage and retrieval capacities even during high volume traffic.
- Aurora — Aurora is a relational database that is simple and cost-effective and has high performing capabilities.
- RDS — RDS allows setting up the operations for various RDBMS like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- RedShift — It is a massive AWS data warehouse designed to specially handle huge data sets and parallel processing.
Elasticache, Neptune, DocumentDB, QLDB, etc are some more solutions for the Amazon Web Services Cloud Database.
- Snowball — Snowball is a cost-effective small application that transfers an enormous amount of data to and from the AWS virtual cloud.
- Data Migration Services(DMS) — It is a tool that performs on-site database migrations to the cloud. It is capable of the same type of database migration as well as migration from one type of database to a different type of database migration.
- Server Migration Service(SMS) — SMS automates the migration of on-premise databases to the cloud.
- Migration Hub — It is a tool that is used for planning migrations, tracking the status of every migration, etc.
Other services of the Amazon Web Services Cloud Migration include Schema Conversion Tool, Transfer for SFTP, DataSync, etc.
- Identity Access Management — As the name suggests, this service manages user access, user permissions, and credentials, etc.
- Shield — This is a DDoS(Distributed Denial of Service) that essentially shields and protects your application from network attacks.
- KMS — The Key Management Service enables the encryption of data across the AWS cloud, thereby ensuring the security of data.
- Inspector — This is an assessment service that monitors the application and identifies loopholes and weaknesses in your application, if any, that may make it prone to hacking or attacks.
Refer the AWS documentation guide for other Amazon Web Services Cloud Security services like Directory Service, GuardDuty, Resource Access Manager(RAM) and more.
- Route 53 — It is a Domain Name System service that provides a way to register domain names and route end users to the application.
- CloudFront — AWS Cloudfront is a Content Delivery Network that essentially caches user content and delivers it at maximum speed using Edge locations.
- Virtual Private Cloud(VPC) — It is a dedicated virtual cloud for a particular application, to store resources related to the app, isolated from other resources.
- API Gateway — Gateway allows the creation and deployment of various APIs, which can access the AWS cloud as well as other web services.
VPN, App Mesh, Cloud Map are additional examples of the Amazon Web Services Cloud Networking and Content Delivery.
- CloudWatch — Cloudwatch is a monitoring tool that collects important metrics and data for any platform from the AWS and provides meaningful and useful insights.
- CloudTrail — CloudTrail offers complete auditing and regulating services of the AWS and its services.
- CloudFormation — This service gives an entire set of tools for the management of infrastructure for any application.
- Health — Health provides important information regarding the behavior and functioning of the site.
The AWS documentation can help you guide other Amazon Web Services Cloud management tools like Config, OpsWorks, Chatbot, etc.
- Athena — Athena is a serverless service that enables the execution of queries on the AWS S3.
- Kinesis — Kinesis is capable of handling and analyzing real-time data and process huge volumes of data in stipulated time-frames.
- CloudSearch — This service allows us to create customized search functionality for any application.
- QuickSight — QuickSight is a BI tool that uses AWS’ SPICE (Super-fast, Parallel, In-memory Calculation Engine) for fast calculations and data processing.
It allows creating visualizations of this data on a dashboard that provides valuable insights.
Data Pipeline, Glue, ElasticSearch, etc are further products of the Amazon Web Services Cloud Analytics.
The Amazon Web Services Cloud has several more solutions like the Developer Tools, Media Service, IoT, Mobile, etc in its collection. Click here to learn about them in-depth.
(To hire the best AWS developers, please visit https://blockchainsimplified.com/)
AWS is the preferred choice for start-ups who do not wish to or are unable to incur the huge cost associated with installation and maintenance of data servers. AWS is supremely cost-effective since it eliminates the need for large infrastructure. That said, AWS is a total favorite amongst industry giants too. NetFlix was amongst the first users of AWS. Other big names include Apple, Adobe, Airbnb, Tata Motors, GE Oil and Gas, Samsung, Sony and many many more.
AWS offers a comprehensive set of very useful and powerful products that cover all the aspects of building an application. Moreover, its ad-hoc pricing method is beneficial for organizations since it doesn’t bind them with long-term investments. All said and done, AWS is a well-designed end-to-end framework that is trusted by firms world-wide, for their immediate and advanced technical needs.
Blockchain Simplified is a Top blockchain development company in Pune — India which works on all major Blockchain requirements. We specialize in Blockchain, Web and Mobile development (One Stop Shop for all technology development needs).
Our clientele includes Multiple Funded Start-Ups, SMBs and few MNCs few of which are NASDAQ and NSE listed.
Some of our work includes,
hubrisone.com — is a Live app with 100,000+ downloads, All-in-One Cryptocurrency current account. The entire development from scratch carried out by Blockchain Simplified.
All in one Platform — Complete responsibility of entire software development of the platform, for a $1m funded blockchain, start-up, led by a team of serial entrepreneurs and tech veterans in Silicon Valley.
Well funded Blockchain startup — Blockchain Simplified helped a $6m funded American Blockchain startup to build the first blockchain protocol to leverage on-chain smart contracts to manage distributed storage of application data off-chain.
Multinational Bank — The company helped one of the top 3 ranking Multinational Banks to integrate various cryptocurrencies into their banking application.
SHC — Built entire platform and app from scratch for a $1m funded startup led by a team of Americans including Ph.D. degree holders.
VMW — Developed app for a multi-national company providing mass factory-to-factory shipment services. The app is being used by 53 of the Fortune 500 companies such as John Deere, Coca-Cola, Nissan.
Blockchain Development: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger, Corda, and more.
Mobile App Development: Android Native, iOS Native, React Native, Flutter, Xamarin.
UI/UX Design: Strategy, Planning, UI/UX Design, Wireframing, Visual Designs.
Web App Development: Node.JS, Angular, React.JS, PHP.
Backend Development: MongoDB, MySQL, AWS, Firebase.
Visit our official website https://blockchainsimplified.com/ for more information.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.