Accelerator - Startup Weekend Style Assignments, Week 11
The Agile Zone is brought to you in partnership with Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Discover how HP Agile enterprise solutions can help you achieve high predictability and quality in your development processes by knowing the status of your projects at any point in time.
As the program is driving to the Demo Day finish line, we had an action packed week at AcceleratorHK! All six teams have an MVP that is up and running. You can check out three of them here:
- Sightseeing in Hong Kong?
- Want fresh home cooked food delivered?
- Want to track your favorite TV shows and collaborate with other fans?
We also had Hristo Neychev come in and spend a few days mentoring with the teams. Hristo works at Telerik as the PM for Icenium and has a lot of mentoring experience with startups at Launchub, an accelerator in Bulgaria. He spend an hour or two with each team as well as extra time doing customer development of his own with the teams and other companies in Hong Kong using Icenium. Hristo also mentors teams on startup presentations, so he worked with each team on their presentations for 30 on Friday before Prototype Day.
On Friday we had our second (and last) “Prototype Day” when the teams make their Demo Day presentations to a group of mentors and have live Q&A on their business model. This is different from each of the Friday check-ins that we do when the teams may present on what they have done the prior week or practice their investor or potential customer pitch that they may be doing that week. We had five awesome mentors come on in to listen to the presentations and provide feedback:
- Tytus Michalski: angel investor at Fresco Capital Advisors
- Peter Williams: angel investor at AngelVest, director at Citibank
- Marcel Ekkel: co-founder at SynergySynQ Ltd. and Startup Weekend Hong Kong organizer
- Allison Baum: founder/director of HK’s General Assembly location
- Hristo Neychev: program manager of Icenium, mentor at Launchub startup accelerator
The teams made pretty solid presentations and got a lot of feedback. Demo Day is only 2 weeks away and the teams should all be ready! Unfortunately Friday was Paul’s last day at AcceleratorHK. After Prototype Day we went out for a few drinks to wish Paul well in his new life in LA.
Demo Day is August 13th, register here! See you all there…