Advance Amazon Web Services for 2018
If you're still relatively new to Amazon's popular AWS, we'll give you a comprehensive rundown of what AWS is and was, and how it can help you.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Nowadays, cloud computing is an important aspect which is helping people on a daily basis. With Amazon Web Services you will find a complete cloud platform ready to use for virtually any workload. Today, we talk about AWS Tutorial, in which we include history and features of Amazon Web Services for beginners. Moreover, we will include its highly durable storage and high-performance databases, which give us a better understanding. At last, we will cover the advantages and disadvantages of AWS and its career opportunities.
So, let’s start with an Amazon Web Services tutorial.
Learn Amazon Web Services Tutorial – AWS for 2018
What is Amazon Web Services?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a cloud platform to a small-scale industry such as Quora as well as to large-scale industry such as D-link. Myriads of people are now using Amazon Web Services cloud products to build applications as the products built with AWS are reliable, flexible, and scalable. Furthermore, AWS was the first to introduce a pay-as-you-go cloud computing model that scales to provide users with computing, storage or throughput as needed.
Amazon Web Services was launched in 2002. However, it was officially launched in 2006, which included 3 services that were Amazon S3 Cloud Storage, SQS, and EC2. The AWS platform started providing its services and it was proposed by Chris Pinkham and Benjamin Black in 2003. The founders claimed that AWS will provide safety features, a cost associated with server maintenance, and the developers won’t have to worry about the place where their data is stored. Later in 2016, Jassy was promoted as a CEO of the division.
Areas Covered by AWS
Many people use Amazon Web Services as it serves 55 availability zones within 18 geographic regions and 1 local region around the world. In addition to that, they have announced plans for 12 more availability zones and 4 more regions.
Companies do have their private servers where they store data, but sometimes they face hardships to manage them. Moreover, there are chances that the server may crash and the whole work will be in halt. As the internet connection is fast nowadays so any firm can import or export data quickly and won’t face a problem using cloud services. So, Amazon Web Services provide cloud storage so that company can access this any time.
The cloud storage provided by Amazon Web Services is safe, secure and highly durable. With AWS you can build applications for colleagues, consumers, enterprises support or e-commerce. The applications built with AWS are highly sophisticated and scalable.
AWS Tutorial – Features of Amazon Web Services
- Remote access and services — Amazon provides apps for Android as well as iOS through which you can test, develop and monitor your application with the help of console.
- Benefits of infrastructure as a service (IaaS) – When we move infrastructure to a service organization can focus on developing innovations in applications and solutions.
- Covers almost all category of software – Doesn’t matter for what purpose you are using the software AWS helps you for every software by providing flexible database, storage, and security.
- Security and Compliance – The security groups of AWS are associated with EC2 instances. They provide security at the protocol and port access level. In AWS there are security rules that filter traffic coming into and out of an EC2 instance.
- Flexible Database – The database provides by AWS is very fast as one can work quickly within them. The database provided by them is as per your requirement and are completely managed by AWS.
Highly Durable Storage
AWS Tutorial – Highly Durable Storage
Amazon Glacier: It is used for long-term cold storage
Amazon Simple Storage Service S3: It provides scalable object storage for archival, analytics and data backup.
Amazon EBS: It provides block level storage volumes for persistent data storage for use with EC-2 instances.
Learn AWS Tutorial – Amazon Web Services for 2018
Amazon Redshift: It offers a data warehouse, which makes it easier for the data analyst to perform business intelligence tasks.
Amazon Dynamo DB: Amazon Web Services offers managed NoSQL databases through this.
Amazon Elasticache: Amazon Web Services users can use Amazon ElastiCache and DyanamoDB accelerator as in-memory data caches for real-time applications which are highly available and reliable.
Amazon RDS: This includes options for Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, My SQL and many more to easily migrate or replicate your existing database to Amazon RDS.
Learn AWS Tutorial – Amazon Web Services for 2018
Amazon Cloud Formation: Amazon Cloud Formation is used to automate infrastructure and system configurations.
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM): With this, you can create users and modify them. You can grant permission to the users to give access the resources of AWS.
AWS Elastic Beanstalk: Through this, you can quickly manage and work on the application without restricting choice or control in the AWS cloud without thinking about the infrastructure that operates those applications.
- Provides a durable and secure platform which ensures the security, reliability, and integrity of your data.
- When it comes to cost AWS was the first to introduce pay-as-you-go, which means you have to only pay for what you use. There are no upfront investments.
- AWS is flexible such that you can use a programming language that can be the most beneficial for your business.
- As Amazon has 15 yrs of experience; the infrastructure management capabilities of AWS are excellent.
- Amazon Web Service charges you a technical support fee which can be for developer, business or enterprise.
- AWS does have general cloud computing issues when you move to a cloud such as a downtime, limited control, and backup protection.
- There are several software limits which include a limit of EC2 Instance that is 20 per region, and the Elastic Load Balancer which has a default limit of 20.
Amazon Web Services Careers
The skyrocketing growth of AWS illustrates that the cloud architecture and data warehousing allows firms to make technology investments that provide quick results. Moreover, each and every company needs cloud services whether it is IT firm or not. This shows that AWS will definitely help people to achieve their goals.
AWS Tutorial – Additional Information
The applications which are built through Amazon Web Services are database-driven applications. These applications can deploy using application tools and languages. Some of the tools are Chef, Pupper, Visual Studio and Eclipse. Languages which can be used to deploy these applications are PHP, Java Programming, Ruby, Python Programming, .NET and Node.JS.
Hence, we gather knowledge about Amazon Web Services Tutorial, which included various facts such as the area covered by AWS, features of AWS, databases provided, tools to manage AWS, storage provided by AWS, the history of AWs, advantages and disadvantages of AWS, and how one can see their future in AWS. Is this information helpful for you? Share your feedback!
Published at DZone with permission of Shailna Patidar. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.