Developers and DBAs may not always get along, but there are solutions. From Doug Lane, for example, comes a video called the "Developers Guide to Understanding DBAs." According to Lane, the video answers the following questions:
- What do DBAs value?
- What do DBAs need from me?
- What does my DBA want to help me with?
- How big should that server be?
- Is the DBA judging my code?
- What happens if I get in trouble with my DBA?
Check it out:
And if that doesn't answer your questions, there are
plenty of other resources to help you understand why your DBA hates you.