Since I wrote those blog entries, we released a new version of JDeveloper (12.2.1) that added deeper integration with the Developer Cloud Service functionality for tracking tasks/issues. In parallel Developer Cloud Service also added various features with one of the new areas being covered is managing sprints and an agile development processes.
I thought it might be interesting to show some of the new features of both products working togethers.
In the video below you'll see how to:
- Connect to DevCS and its projects from inside JDeveloper
- Leverage the Team view in JDeveloper (tasks, builds, and code repositories)
- Interact with Tasks/Issues in JDeveloper
- Handle Git transactions
- Associate code commits with specific tasks
- Monitor team activity in the Team Dashboard
- Create Agile boards and manage sprints in Developer Cloud Service
One other interesting feature I'm not showing above is the ability to do code reviews on your code by team members — before those are merged into your main code line.
If you want to try Developer Cloud Service out, just get a trial account of the Oracle Java Cloud Service — and you'll get an instance of the Developer Cloud Service that you can use to test this new way of working.