AI Robot — Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
Read this article in order to learn more about AI robots and general robotics.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Introduction to Robotics — Artificial Intelligence
What are AI Robots?
AI Robots are the artificial agents acting in the real-world environment.
Artificial Intelligence Robot is aimed at manipulating the objects by perceiving, picking, moving, and destroying it.
What is Robotics?
Robotics is a branch of AI, which is composed of different branches and application of robots.
Components of AI Robots
Components of AI Robots
AI robots are powered by batteries, solar power, and hydraulics.
We use this to convert energy into movement.
Electric motors (AC/DC)
We need this for the rotational movement.
Pneumatic Air Muscles
They contract almost 40% when the air is sucked in them.
Although, we have noticed that they contract by 5% when an electric current is passed through them.
Piezo Motors and Ultrasonic Motors
Basically, we use it for industrial robots.
Generally, we use it in task environments as it provides information of real-time knowledge.
Aspects of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- The AI robot has mechanical construction and form to accomplish a particular task.
- They have electrical components, which power and control the machinery.
- They contain some level of a computer program. That determines what, when, and how a robot does something.
AI Robot Locomotion
Locomotion is the mechanism that makes AI robot capable of moving in its environment. There are various types of locomotions:
- Combination of Legged and Wheeled Locomotion
- Tracked slip/skid
How an AI Robot Works
On the most basic level, human beings are made up of five major components:
- A body structure
- A muscle system to move the body structure
- A sensory system that receives information about the body and the surrounding environment
- A power source to activate the muscles and sensors
- A brain system that processes sensory information and tells the muscles what to do
How AI Robotic Vacuums Work
There are those of us who clean once a week, and there are those of us who clean when the in-laws come to visit. The appeal of the robotic vacuum reaches both camps. Either way, the house is a bit more spotless with minimal human input.
Today’s Artificial Intelligence robotic vacuums are a far cry from the first models, which you had to track down by their melancholy, “I’m out of power” beeping. The latest products clean your house and remember the layout to increase efficiency. They also dump their own dirt in a receptacle and find their way back to the charging station so they can rejoice.
AI Robots Have Taken Over
In case you haven’t noticed, the robots have already taken over. No longer confined to industrial assembly lines, they assist human surgeons, patrol hostile skies, and even drive around town. They grow up so fast, don’t they?
The robotics field continues to worm its way into every aspect of our lives. However, these advancements aren’t self-sustaining. The fields of robotics, engineering, and science depend on young minds.
The Difference Between Robot Systems and AI Programs
Here is the difference between Artificial Intelligence vs Robots:
- We use them to operate computer-simulated worlds.
- An input is given in the form of symbols and rules.
- To operate this, we need general purpose computers.
- We use robots to operate in the real physical world.
- Inputs are given in the form of the analog signal and in the form of the speech waveform.
- To operate them, special hardware with sensors and effectors are needed.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence Robotics
We use AI robots in industries for various purposes such as handling material, cutting, welding, color coating, drilling, polishing, etc.
Generally, AI Robots are very helpful as they are capable of carrying out hundreds of clinical tests.
For rock climbing, space exploration, etc., we use AI robots.
For movie making, Disney’s engineers have created hundreds of AI robots.
We have studied AI robots, robotics, and a comparison between the two. We have also learned about robotics components, locomotion, and different applications of robotics. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments.
Published at DZone with permission of Shailna Patidar. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.