Flash Player 10.1Performance and power efficiency were the main goals of Flash 10.1. The ActionScript virtual machine received some targeted optimizations, and garbage collection was tuned to better amortize its processing over the application's lifetime. The HTTP dynamic streaming feature adapts the bitrate to your computer's capabilities using standards-based MP4 fragments. The free tools for HTTP Dynamic Streaming can be downloaded here. Users of Flash Player 10.1 can also deploy their video more quickly with the Open Source Media Framework.
New RTMP streaming and buffering features allow developers to add stream re-connection logic in ActionScript to re-establish server connection and resume streaming with limited disruption in the video. Smart seeking makes it easier to hop around the video timeline. There's also support for multitouch.
Flash Player 10.1 Major New Features:
• New ActionScript globalization APIs
• AS3 APIs for multi-touch
• HTTP Dynamic Streaming
• Hardware-based decoding of the H.264 video format on Windows
• Peer Assisted Networking and Multicast through better RTMFP [Real Time Media Flow Protocol] support
• Content protection with Adobe Flash Access 2
In Macs, Flash Player 10.1 is a full-fledged Cocoa app that can now leverage Cocoa events, UIs, core audio, and core graphics. However, for H.264 hardware acceleration on Mac OS X 10.6, you'll have to wait until "Gala" is released.
You can filter the ActionScript Reference to display APIs for specific runtimes:
AIR 2 Major New Features:
• Native Process API
• Open documents with the user's default application
• Microphone data access
• Mass storage device detection
• Updated, faster WebKit with enhanced support for HTML5 and CSS3
• Multi-touch and gestures
• TLS/SSL sockets
• Global error handler
• New networking support including UDP and server sockets
• Screen reader support
• Reduced CPU usage on idle
• .rpm and .deb installer packages for the runtime on Linux
• Native installers for applications (.exe, .dmg, .rpm, .deb)
You can also read the docs for AIR 2.0 and Flash player 10.1. Download Flash Player 10.1 here.