Companies that has invested years of development time and hundreds of thousands of IT budgets into building Swing user interface have a tough decision to make. They can continue to develop using Swing and deploy using WebStart, which requires client-side maintenance and is not a true thin client.
What's new in 2.3
- Server-side push that allows pushing the updates to the browser without user interaction
- Server-side rendering and emulation optimizations that improve performance by up to 50%
- Visual improvemens throughout the product
- Safari brower support on all platforms including iPhone
- Google Chrome brower support
- Various bug fixes that provide better matching of Swing functionality