ALM and Enterprise Version Control Platform Helps Enterprises Scale Agile
TeamForge offers great flexibility, simplified source code management, Single Sign-On (SSO) for distributed teams, and support for high availability.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
It was great talking to Scott Rose, VP of Product Management at CollabNet about their new version of TeamForge, the application lifecycle management (ALM), and Enterprise Version Control platform for collaborative software development. This latest TeamForge release offers versatile source code and version control improvements, greater customization and flexibility for developers, support for enterprise-grade high availability, easier installation, and a SAML 2.0 integration allowing for Single Sign-On (SSO).
“ At Collabnet, we are an end-user of TeamForge and deploy a new version internally after every 3 week sprint and commercially release a new major version every 3 months,” said Scott. “TeamForge gives developers more customization options, allowing for greater flexibility in how the platform simplifies processes and connects people, teams, and tools. CollabNet works to ensure that customers can create competitive, quality software with enterprise-grade reliability that supports higher levels of availability.”
Together, ALM, Enterprise Version Control, and Agile tools allow organizations to achieve DevOps at an enterprise scale. TeamForge connects the enterprise by providing a collaborative, integrated environment for a variety of enterprise development efforts. Organizations can use TeamForge to increase efficiency greatly through the re-use of resources and the extensive visibility and traceability throughout the software development lifecycle.
Recent updates to TeamForge include:
- Improved organization and grouping of artifacts.
- New support for multiple workspaces and new and improved workspace widgets.
- Simplified code review with a single-screen view of code changes.
- Completely updated document workflow management.
- Artifact tagging functionality that supports both document objects and tracker artifacts.
- New functionality for enterprise version control with automation to expedite code review.
- Trackers that support advanced transition settings, allowing mandatory and optional field requirements during tracker status changes.
- Heightened monitoring and alerts for error prevention and resolution related to dependencies.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) option for TeamForge users via SAML 2.0 integration.
- Easier installation.
- High availability; hardware and software failover for both planned and unplanned events.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.