Last week I had the pleasure of delivering a free half-day introduction to Android development at our Haifa branch. The day focused on both native application development on Android (with Eclipse and ADT) and C# development with Xamarin. We developed a simple “todo list” application that displays pending tasks, tracks the user location, and stores tasks in persistent storage on the device.
Here are some useful links I promised to post during the session, which you might find useful when replicating this application’s functionality:
- Download the Android SDK Bundle (get started with Android development in Eclipse)
- Xamarin.Android (get started with Android development in C#)
- Using an ArrayAdapter<T> with ListView
- Proximity Alerts Tutorial (set up a location-based alert around a certain point)
- Async Support Overview (working with async and await in Xamarin)