AngularJS is managed by Google and ReactJS is owned by Facebook. Both of them are unique and resourceful in their own ways. These frameworks are quite easy to use with high-end potential to build cutting-edge mobile and web applications. However, they have their differences too. Which brings the topic ‘AngularJS vs ReactJS: which is better?’
Before we get down to the specific specialties of both the frameworks, let us discuss the similarities first. This will give you a clear picture about the basic features they both offer:
- CSS3: You cannot perform serious front-end coding without CSS3. Luckily both the frameworks support CSS3 and give you more opportunity to do better.
- HTML5: Like other frameworks, for these two also HTML5 is obvious. Though the depth of knowledge required for both the frameworks is not same but they have quite similar applications.
- Design Patterns and Object Oriented principles: Not only in languages but these two frameworks have their similarities in designs as well. Some parameters such as Pure Functions, Singletons, Immutability, Composability, Inheritance, and many others are core concepts helping you in doing good development in general.
Advantages of AngularJS vs ReactJS
We did our research at ValueCoders to see what AngularJS has to offer specifically & here they are-
- Easy Decision-Making: Since AngularJS is a framework, it provides significantly opinions and functionality that are out of the box. AngularJS helps you get started more quickly without feeling intimidated by decisions. This also helps new developers feel at home more quickly and makes switching developers between teams more easy and practical.
- Component Structure: AngularJS 2 evolved from a framework to a platform. Therefore, you can easily use its components with other frameworks. Additional functionality may be implemented just as in the form of components that accomplish it completely, so as directives that extend the functionality of the existing component.
- Testing in AngularJS vs ReactJS: Initially, AngularJS was created to make it easy to write tests for applications, especially if you utilize modules, as recommended in the official documentation. Therefore, AngularJS has a major advantage of testing ease which gives another reason to choose AngularJS.
Advantages of ReactJS:
Here are some advantages of ReactJS the prove the standpoint in the war “AngularJS vs ReactJS.”
ReactJS creates its own virtual DOM where your components are kept. This approach gives developers high flexibility and amazing performance gains because ReactJS calculates what change is needed to be made in the virtual DOM in advance and updates the DOM-trees accordingly. In this fashion, ReactJS avoids the costly DOM operations and does updates in a very efficient manner.
As you come to the bottom of the discussion, now few things are clear to you about both the frameworks. Hence, if you are trying to choose one of them, then here’s our suggestion. If you are trying to develop a basic web app then both can be used. However, ReactJS is SEO friendly, real time and compatible with heavy traffic. Whereas, AngularJS offers easy development and testing along with reliability.
This article was originaly posted on ValueCoders.com