Announcing Apache Tapestry 5.3
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
tapestry is primarily available for download via maven, from the maven central repository:
<dependency> <groupid>org.apache.tapestry</groupid> <artifactid>tapestry-core</artifactid> <version>5.3</version> </dependency>
you can also download the source or javadocs archives .
tapestry 5.3 represents nearly a year of effort, and includes over 270 bug fixes, improvements, and other changes. full details are in the release notes , but here's a few highlights:
- improved performance: very large sites will see a 30 - 40% improvement in throughput
- decreased memory footprint: about a 30% decrease in memory utilization over 5.2
- new components and services to support user alerts and notifications
- improved a simplified support for partial page rendering inside ajax requests
- component reference details integrated into javadoc
- improved maven quickstart archetype
- skinning and themeing support
- improved client-side presentation of server-side exceptions during ajax requests
- new components, including ajax-enabled tree, and kaptcha
- html5 doctype support
- support for jsr-330 injection annotations
in addition, 2011 marked an often intense effort to improve, revise, and expand the tapestry web site .
we've made great efforts to ensure that the upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3 is as painless as possible. please read the upgrade notes carefully as some interfaces and methods that were deprecated in tapestry 5.0 or 5.1 have been removed: you should recompile and retest your application after upgrading your dependency. if you still have problems, use the tapestry user mailing list to get support .
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.