Announcing the availability of JBoss EAP 6 Beta!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Today we are pleased to announce that the Beta of the upcoming JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is available and can be downloaded here (http://www.redhat.com/promo/eap6beta). This new release is a major milestone as Red Hat continues it's leadership in Application Servers and Cloud Computing. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 will be generally available to our subscribers later this spring and is based upon the highly successful JBoss AS7 Community project. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 has been designed to help customers Ease Into Cloud and boasts the following benefits.
- Cloud Ready
Architecture – JBoss created Enterprise Application Platform 6 with the
Cloud in mind from the very beginning. Based upon the first Java EE
server embedded in a PaaS, the JBoss team understands what it takes to
deliver enterprise capabilities everywhere. This is supported by the
following new features:
- An updated modular architecture greatly simplifying the effort in slimming and tuning your environment wherever it may be
- A number of flexible management capabilities that greatly increase operational efficiency without tying your hands
- A highly efficient core that provides lightning fast start up times and extremely low memory footprint
Class Developer Productivity – JBoss has always been about making
developers more productive so they can deliver their applications
quicker. EAP6 introduces a number of new features that continue to
extend that leadership. This is supported by the following capabilities:
- Support for Java EE6 and other popular frameworks (HTML5, Spring, GWT, etc.)
- Major enhancements to tooling and testing through JBoss Developer Studio 5 (Also in Beta TODAY!)
- Support for other application lifecycle management tools such as Maven and Hudson
We encourage everyone to visit our Beta site (http://www.redhat.com/promo/eap6beta) where you can download the latest Beta build and get access to how to's, documentation, demonstrations, and other collateral to help you get started fast.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.