We are pleased to announce that Hortonworks DataFlow (HDF™) Version 2.0 is now generally available for download! As part of an Open and Connected Data Platforms offering from Hortonworks, HDF 2.0 provides a new level of enterprise integration for data in motion with an enterprise-ready offering of Apache NiFi, Kafka, and Storm integrated via Apache Ambari and Ranger.
HDF 2.0 is a significant release which unlocks new capabilities:
- Edge intelligence capturing data the second it’s born with ease through Apache MiNiFi: consider a situation where thousands of point of sale terminals, connected cars, network routers, set-top boxes, etc., need to move the data they produce consistently, reliably and securely.
- Productivity enhancements via:
- Collaboration capabilities for enterprise data sharing and visibility across teams: specifically, a multi-tenancy flow editing capability similar to the way that Google docs supports multiple simultaneous collaborators with differing degrees of viewing and editing rights.
- Increased ecosystem connectivity with 170+ processors, 30% more than HDF 1.2.
- Increased security options with integration with Apache Ranger for authorization control of Apache NiFi and fine-grained component level access control, as well as new security features of Apache Kafka 0.10.
- 10x streaming analytics performance with Apache Storm 1.0.
To help you get started with HDF 2.0, here are some useful links:
- What’s new in HDF 2.0, Three things to know about HDF 2.0
- About: Apache NiFi, Apache MiNiFi, Apache Kafka 0.1, Apache Storm 1.0
- Download Hortonworks DataFlow with Ambari
- Download Hortonworks DataFlow, Apache NiFi only
Any experience or feedback you have, please share with us via the Hortonworks Community Channel.