- Fast startup, lightweight, responsive
- Errors and warnings:
- AMD and CommonJS module resolution: there is basic resolution where unresolved references will be marked as errors.
- Basic content assist for HTML, CSS
- Navigation: press F8 on an identifier (that the inferencer has recognized) and the editor will navigate to the declaration. This also works on module identifiers (e.g. in define() clauses)
- Formatting: JSbeautify is integrated
- Sidepanel: alongside the main editor a sidepanel can be opened – currently this can be used to host a second editor.
- Key binding to external command: Key bindings in the editor can invoke external commands (less, mvn, etc)
We decided to open source early to get feedback. If you want to help us shape the editor, please join in the discussion. There is a scripteddev google group for discussing it and a jira issuetracker for logging bugs, enhancement requests and voting on existing issues to ensure they are prioritized appropriately. If you want to start hacking on the codebase yourself we are definitely open to submissions – see the github page for more information.