We are very pleased to announce that Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) Version 2.5 is now generally available for download. As part of an Open and Connected Data Platforms offering from Hortonworks, HDP 2.5 brings a variety of enhancements across all elements of the platform spanning data science and data access, to security to governance.
At Hadoop Summit 2016 San Jose on 06/28/2016, we unveiled the latest innovation package within Hortonworks Data Platform 2.5.
This brand new version of HDP has captured a tremendous amount of innovation. Some of the improvements are highlighted below:
- Integration of Apache Atlas and Apache Ranger to drive dynamic classification-based security
- Open and comprehensive approach to data governance with cross-component lineage
- What is Business Catalog and Why do you need one?
- What’s new Apache Spark 2.0?
- Apache Zeppelin: The Road Ahead
- Run Apache Hive Query 25X Faster and More
- Apache Hive with LLAP enables sub-second SQL on Hadoop (Technical Preview)
- Advanced visualization Dashboarding with Apache Ambari
- Incremental Backup and Restore for Apache HBase and Apache Phoenix
To learn more about HDP 2.5, please go here.
We expect rapid adoption of Hortonworks Data Platform 2.5, including one-third of our customers migrating their Hadoop clusters to HDP 2.5 in the first 90 days. At this time, Hortonworks would like to thank everyone within the Apache community for all of their efforts and contributions. The pace of innovation continues to be truly outstanding and we are grateful for the opportunity to work with such a unique group of dedicated professionals. We look forward to continuing our work with you and the ever vibrant community!