AnthillPro 3.6: Automation for Build, Deploy, Test and Release.
Urbancode is pleased to announce version 3.6 of AnthillPro, a leading build and deployment automation server for the enterprise. AnthillPro provides continuous integration as well as support for activities like deployments, long running tests and releases that may occur after build time through management of a cloud of agent machines. AnthillPro supports development teams working with Java, Ruby, .Net and native technologies. Version 3.6 introduces dozens of new features (some described below) and over 100 refinements and bug fixes.
AnthillPro is perfect for corporate IT development teams looking for end-to-end automation, transparency, and control for all the steps involved with taking source code and putting it in production. Implement enterprise wide continuous integration. Cut down your test cycle by executing long running functional tests in parallel. Avoid deployment delays and mistakes through self-service automation. With a globally scalable architecture, AnthillPro can serve the needs of even the largest development teams. And a rich set of integrations and automation throughout the lifecycle let AnthillPro help you meet your reporting and governance requirements.
By combining methods like continuous integration and automated deployments with the audit proof security and traceability around deployment pipelines, AnthillPro helps teams achieve harmony between agility and control.
Major New Features In AnthillPro 3.6
- Improved support for geographic distribution. The server-agent communication layer has been reworked for better performance. The new approach also supports the use of a Relay Server that acts as a proxy for agents behind a firewall or in another location. Distributed web front ends can also be employed to improve responsiveness for users connecting over the WAN.
- Preflight builds. At the push of a button, preflight builds integrate the developer's changes with a snapshot of the latest source code, and then run a build in the build environment, not on the developer's machine. If a Preflight Build fails, the developer is immediately notified.
- Test and coverage trending and metrics. Discover test and coverage trends. Compare any two builds and see which tests and suites fail the most or take the longest. Or see if coverage is improving or decreasing.
New and Improved Integrations
- EMMA code coverage integration. Run EMMA and publish coverage reports with the EMMA integration. In addition, AnthillPro users can generate a coverage report for every project that uses EMMA.
- Mercurial integration. Set up AnthillPro projects that use the Mercurial repository to check out code, build, tag, and more.
- AccuRev integration expanded. AnthillPro can now automatically generate and manage a pool of AccuRev streams, making configuration and maintenance easier.
- Team Foundation Server 2005 and 2008 are now supported concurrently.
- Jira Integration updated. AnthillPro can now update issue status and leave a comment regarding what it did.
- Remote agent management. Agents can be restarted from the main UI.
- Easier view of source code changes across builds. Any two builds can be compared with AnthillPro listing the changes between them as well as changes to their dependencies.
- Copying projects, workflows and jobs has been made easier and more flexible.
- Updated custom build screens. The types of user defined workflow properties can now be changed. Fields can also be marked as password fields.
Find out more about AnthillPro.
Download Urbancode's AnthillPro and try it yourself.
AnthillPro is commercially licensed to teams ranging from a handful of developers to the enterprise with thousands of developers, testers, and build engineers. Urbancode continues to support Open Source Software with complimentary licenses.