The 2.4.0 release (see release notes for details) includes approx 182 issues resolved (new features, improvements and bug fixes) with the biggest news:
- Spring 3.0.3 is now the default Spring version used by Camel.
- Fully non blocking Asynchronous Routing Engine which all EIPs and some Camel Components supported.
- OSGi blueprint is now supported
- FTP component much more resilient to network connectivity issues and can self heal
- Quartz component now easier to use in clustered environments and OSGi
- Added a Debugger API to be leveraged by 3rd party tooling.
- Upgraded to latest release of Scala 2.8.0RC7 in Scala DSL. We missed the 2.8.0 final by a couple of days.
- Bindy supports fixed length files
We are very exited about the non blocking routing engine, which makes Camel very very scalable. The upcoming Apache ServiceMix 4.3 will take advantage of this. The Camel team will keep improving existing Camel components to support the non blocking behavior, so expect more to come in the upcoming releases.