The content of this article was originally written by Joe Brockmeier over at the Cloudstack blog.
A quick update on the Apache CloudStack (incubating) 4.0 release plan. As proposed last week on the cloudstack-dev mailing list, the release schedule has been extended by two weeks. This means that the new release date would be September 26.
As mentioned a few weeks ago with the initial release plan for the 4.0 release, a big part of the work towards the release is getting licensing issues resolved, which is taking a bit longer than initially planned.
Additionally, we would also like to ensure that more time is given for testing to ensure that upgrades from the CloudStack 3.0.2 release to the 4.0 release work. The new schedule looks like this:
- Stability and bugfix work continues until Friday, August 31st.
- 1st Release Candidate Build on Friday, August 31st.
- Testing and additional RCs through Friday, September 14th.
- Proposed release build on Monday, September 17th.
- Voting on proposed release from Monday, September 17th through Monday, September 24th.
- Release Announcement on Wednesday, September 26th.
A couple of things to call out there. First, if you have an interest in the 4.0 release, we’ll be looking for help testing the RCs. This is not to say that we’re not always interested in having help testing, of course – but we’ll be especially keen to have folks interested in testing the 4.0RCs.
Second, if the proposed release is not approved, that will add time to the release. Once the first release is out of the way, we’ll be able to settle into a predictable release cycle. Thanks for your patience, and feel free to jump if you see an area where you can help out!