CouchDB is written in Erlang, but can be easily accessed from any environment that provides means to make HTTP requests. There are a multitude of third-party client libraries that make this even easier for a variety of programming languages and environments.
Changes in this release are as follow:
- Refactoring of the core view and storage engines.
- Added support for incremental map/reduce views.
- Changed database file format.
- Many improvements to Futon, the web administration interface.
- Miscellaneous improvements to system integration and portability.
- Swapped out Erlang's inets HTTP server for the Mochiweb HTTP server.
- SpiderMonkey is no longer included with CouchDB, but rather treated as an external dependendancy.
- Added bits of awesome.
Apache CouchDB is alpha software and still under heavy development. Please be
aware that important areas such as the public API or internal database format
may see backwards incompatible changes between versions.
Apache CouchDB is still in incubation.