Apache CouchDB: Introduction and Installation
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
- This is another database on "NOSQL" concept.
- NOSQL's are schema less database.
- The data is stored in a JSON format.
- It supports distributed configuration .
- Couch DB supports replication of data across distributed platform, It has many framework for this supporting master replication, slave replication, filtered replication, incremental/bidirectional replication.
- "Erlang" is a language to customize these feature to deliver new solutions.
- Couch Db can be downloaded from the link :-
- After the installation server start menu,
- The Server start up screen,
- The utils are installed in,
- verify installation,
- Creating a new database "student". The database name should be in small letter.
- After creating the "student" db , the browser will look like,
- Now time to create a document in the table, these documents are similar like rows in relational database. A new Document can be created by clicking "New Document" link.Then it will create a unique id for this document.
- Now Save the document,
- Documents can be created using source tab , where we can modify the java script code to build a document.It provides a editor to manipulate the JSON document.
- Four documents are created similarly for type of student ,
- Now "student" db is listed with other system databases,
Published at DZone with permission of Sandeep Patel, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.