After nearly three years of development, the final release of Apache Tapestry 5.0 is now available for download.
Apache Tapestry 5 is a total rewrite of the Tapestry web application framework, bringing forward Tapestry's core concepts: reusable components, true encapsulation, readable templates, well thought-out localization/internationalization, and easy management of server-side state.
Tapestry 5 builds on top of this with a host of new features:
- True POJO component classes: no base classes to extend, no interfaces to implement.
- Live class reloading: no need to redeploy to see code changes.
- XML templates with namespaces.
- Minimal configuration via naming conventions and annotations.
- Integrated Ajax support, built on top of Prototype and Scriptaculous.
- Automatic client-side form input validation.
- High performance via pooled objects (and by avoiding the use of reflection).
- Automatic REST-style URLs.
- Built-in integration with Hibernate and Spring.
- Best-of-breed exception reporting.
- Built-in extensible mega-components: BeanEditForm, BeanDisplay and Grid (to edit and display any JavaBean or collection of JavaBeans).
Tapestry features great exception reporting to keep you on track, and live class reloading to keep you agile. Tapestry templates are XML documents, using a namespace for Tapestry-specific elements. Tapestry
is designed to be easy to develop, using any standard IDE with an XML editor.
Tapestry is simple, sensible and fun. It keeps you productive by freeing you from the boring, mechanical aspects of web application development. You can stay focused on what makes your application interesting and unique, and let Tapestry handle all the ugly plumbing.
Tapestry is made available under the Apache Software License 2.0. Tapestry is free to download, free to use, free to redistribute and free to modify.
- Project page: http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/
- Download: http://tapestry.apache.org/download.html
- Release Notes: http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/release-notes.html
- Upgrade Notes: http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/upgrade.html
- Via Maven: