Apache Wicket 1.3.1: Now with clustering
Apache Wicket 1.3.1: Now with clustering
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
FlexNet Code Aware, a free scan tool for developers. Scan Java, NuGet, and NPM packages for open source security and open source license compliance issues.
Apache Wicket 1.3.1 is released!
The Apache Wicket team is proud to announce the availability of the first maintenance release: Apache Wicket 1.3.1. A lot of bugs have been squashed and several improvements implemented. The most notable improvement is the addition of out-of-the-box, transparent clustering support (WICKET-1272).
Eager people click here to download the distribution, others can read further:
We thank you for your patience and support.
The Wicket Team
Apache Wicket is a component oriented Java web application framework. With proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a refreshing lack of XML, Apache Wicket makes developing web-apps simple and enjoyable again. Swap the boilerplate, complex debugging and brittle code for powerful, reusable components written with plain Java and HTML.
You can find out more about Apache Wicket on our website:
This release is the first maintenance release for the Wicket 1.3 product. Development for a new version of Wicket will commence soon. This release fixes several bugs and adds some minor improvements. You can find out about the changes at the bottom of this announcement.
Migrating from 1.2
If you are coming from Wicket 1.2, you really want to read our migration guide, found on the wiki:
Downloading the release
You can download the release from the official Apache mirror system, and you can find it through the following link:
For the Maven and Ivy fans out there: update your pom’s to the following, and everything will be downloaded automatically:
Substitute the artifact ID with the projects of your liking to get the other projects.
Please note that we don’t prescribe a Logging implementation for SLF4J. You need to specify yourself which one you prefer. Read more about SLF4J here: http://slf4j.org
Validating the release
The release has been signed by Frank Bille, your release manager for today. The public key can be found in the KEYS file in the download area. Download the KEYS file only from the Apache website.
Instructions on how to validate the release can be found here:
In case you do encounter a bug, we would appreciate a report in our JIRA:
In the distribution you will find a README. The README contains instructions on how to build from source yourself and a list of all things that have been fixed, added and/or removed since Wicket 1.3.0.
Release Notes – Wicket – Version 1.3.1
- WICKET-812 – Submit button, multipart content and UploadProgressBar
- WICKET-989 – DatePicker: NaN if numerical input cannot be parsed
- WICKET-1184 – PageSavingThread keeps running after undeploy
- WICKET-1194 – UploadProgressBar incompatible with submit buttons onSubmit method (in FireFox at least)
- WICKET-1243 – the DatePicker show the same week title in china.
- WICKET-1254 – Binding to a BigDecimal don’t honor browser locale
- WICKET-1257 – iframe get request done 2x after ajax change in IE
- WICKET-1258 – AjaxFormChoiceComponentUpdatingBehavior assumes Radio/Choice items are a direct child of the group in the client-side DOM
- WICKET-1260 – CheckBox.setRequired() is not picked up in 1.3-final
- WICKET-1262 – Page#readResolve is not called
- WICKET-1263 – Using nested wicket:enclosure throws exception
- WICKET-1264 – assertComponentOnAjaxResponse does not work with WicketTester.clickLink
- WICKET-1270 – NPE in ListMultipleChoice.updateModel()
- WICKET-1271 – Script in RenderHead method of AjaxFormChoiceComponentUpdatingBehavior needs fixing
- WICKET-1274 – Only properties from first panel-implementation loaded when using different implementations of an abstract panel on the same page
- WICKET-1275 – FLAG_HAS_BEEN_RENDERED is set when rendering invisible components
- WICKET-1277 – When no component is focused on AjaxRequestTarget, wicket tries to focus element with id ‘null’
- WICKET-1282 – AjaxFormSubmitBehavior doesn’t work well with nested forms
- WICKET-1290 – PrependingStringBuffer.equals(Object obj) is not reflexive
- WICKET-1304 – Form processing workflow is broken for FormComponentPanels
- WICKET-1020 – expose configuration of CompoundValidator, NumberValidator
- WICKET-1193 – i18n: Translation of resource files in Korean
- WICKET-1252 – Default start week day based on locale
- WICKET-1272 – Better clustering support for DiskPageStore
- WICKET-1283 – Allow to query component markup id without creating one
- WICKET-1284 – Report last focused element id on ajax request
- WICKET-1293 – Improve SelectOptions: allow customization of created SelectOption objects
- WICKET-1299 – HybridUrlCodingStrategy should throw a PageExpiredException if a RequestListenerInterface is targeted on a non-existent page-id/version
- WICKET-1309 – Properties files translation (_es)
- WICKET-1313 – Created Norwegian translation of Application.properties
- WICKET-1318 – NavigatorLabel should be localizable
Published at DZone with permission of Martijn Dashorst . See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.