Apache ZooKeeper Intro and Sample
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
ZooKeeper is an open source distributed configuration service, synchronization service, and naming registry for large distributed systems. ZooKeeper was a sub project of Hadoop. ZooKeeper's architecture supports high-availability through redundant services. It support naming service, configuration management, synchronization, leader election, message Queue and notification system. ZooKeeper is a high-performance coordination service for distributed applications
“ZooKeeper: Because Coordinating Distributed Systems is a Zoo”
Let is start work with Zoo-Keeper.
1. Download stable version from here
2. Unzip it ‘C:\zookeeper\zookeeper-3.4.6\’
3. Setup zoo configuration in <zookeeper-home>\zoo.cfg
- tickTime: do heartbeats and the minimum session timeout (milliseconds)
- dataDir: the location to store
- clientPort: the port to listen for client connections
4. You can define log level and log properties in ‘log4j.properties’
5. You can start zookeeper server by zkServer.cmd/ .sh
6. Sample client can be start by zkCli.cmd / .sh
Published at DZone with permission of Madhuka Udantha, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.