ApacheCon Europe 2012 Topic Tracks Announced!
Foundation & Conference Overview
The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the all-volunteer group of developers, stewards, and incubators from nearly 150 Open Source projects and initiatives, today announced the dates of ApacheCon Europe 2012 and North America 2013.
The official conference, trainings, and expo of the ASF will be in Europe this year (2012) from 5 November to 9 November at the Rhein-Neckar Arena in Sinsheim, Germany. The Call For Papers is now open until 3 August. Early-bird registration will open 6 August.
Apache powers half the Internet, and petabytes of data, teraflops of operations, billions of objects, and it enhances the lives of countless users and developers.
ApacheCon brings developers and users together to explore key issues in building Open Source solutions "The Apache Way." The 2012 Europe event will cover a wide range of topics, from Cloud to Big Data, from Content to Servers, Search to Store, Business and Tools.
The Tracks to be in Europe
- Apache Daily— the tools, frameworks, and components used on a daily basis, such as Apache Logging, Apache Maven, Apache Ant, Apache Buildr, Apache Commons, and more.
- ApacheEE— all about Java Enterprise projects at the ASF, including Apache OpenWebBeans, Apache OpenEJB, Apache TomEE, Apache Tomcat, Apache MyFaces, Apache DeltaSpike, Apache BVal, and Apache OpenJPA.
- Big Data— the ASF projects at the forefront of high-volume performance, innovation, and analytics, such as Apache Cassandra, Apache Hadoop, Apache HBase, Apache Hive, Apache Kafka, Apache Mahout, Apache Pig, Apache Whirr, Apache ZooKeeper and friends.
- Camel in Action— common problems, solutions and best practices with Apache Camel.
- Cloud— many Apache initiatives play a key role in powering today's Cloud, from Apache Libcloud and Deltacloud, to Apache Whirr, Accumulo, and Cloudstack, to Apache Hadoop + friends.
- Linked Data— adopting, linking, and interoperating the Web of Data using the latest in annotating, processing, extracting, reasoning, and semantics with Apache Jena, Apache Any23 (Incubating), Apache Clerezza (Incubating), and Apache Stanbol (Incubating).
- Lucene/Solr and Friends— the latest in search and analytics with Apache Lucene/Solr, Apache Tika, Apache ManifoldCF and more.
- Modular Java— developing and deploying applications in public and private Cloud environments using Apache Felix, Apache ACE, Apache Karaf, Apache Aries, Apache Sling.
- NoSQL— use cases and latest developments in dovetailing Big Data with Apache Cassandra, Apache HBase, Apache CouchDB, Apache Accumulo, and more.
- OpenOffice— the Apache OpenOffice ecosystem, including dedicated hackathons, MeetUps, and evening sessions, as well as use cases, and technical sessions on Writer, Calc, Impress, Math, Base, and Draw.
- Web Infractrusture— the backbone of the Web, including Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, Apache Traffic Server, and more.
Note: SAP is the lead underwriter for ApacheCon Europe 2012; additional opportunities for corporate and individual sponsorship are available.
Dates for the North America ApacheCon 2013
Produced by The Open Bastion, ApacheCon North America 2013 will be held from 25 February to 28 February at the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower in Portland, Oregon, United States. Pre- and post-conference events, including trainings, unconference, and sprinting activities are also planned. The Call For Participation for ApacheCon North America will open this coming 3 September.
For more information and to submit a presentation proposal, visit http://apachecon.com/.