Artifactory Online is a new SaaS-based solution for managing your build artifacts on the cloud, offering a value-added version of the Artifactory open source Maven Repository Manager with SLA-based hosting and support.
Artifactory Online allows small and medium-size organizations to effortlessly set up their own private Maven repository on the cloud and start using it in a couple of minutes!
There is no need to customize a dedicated machine, set-up HTTP access rules, install the software, configure common accessed public remote repositories, maintain and monitor the service, manage backups, and so on.
Artifactory Online is based on the upcoming 2.1 major upgrade release of the Artifactory open source Maven Repository Manager, which includes many new features and improvements. Apart from being able to use the latest and greatest release of Artifactory, the service also offers, as part of every package, a selected set of commercial add-ons for Artifactory, such as:
- Smart search based promotion – the ability to search and collect artifacts by building a "shopping cart" of found artifacts (based on any type of searches) that you can later manipulate in one go.
- Property-based artifact tagging – annotate artifacts and folders with fully-searchable properties. Define your own sets of structured properties, and use them from the UI or REST API to tag artifacts and locate them.
- Artifact Watches – Set watches on selected artifacts, folders, or repositories for add, delete, or modify events, and receive focused email notifications on repository changes that are interesting to you.
- Automatic Jar Signing and WebStart support – import JKS key-pairs into Artifactory, have requested artifacts and their dependencies automatically signed upon request, and deploy fully-modular WebStart/JavaFX applications with reusable, signed dependencies (using the OSS JavaFx Maven plug-in).
Artifactory Online is a subscription-based service, starting at $77 per month for a base package that includes:
* A hosted Artifactory private repository with:
o Selected commercial add-ons
o SLA-based hosting
o 24x7 monitoring
o Backups and support by JFrog's Artifactory team
* 4GB of storage space and 10GB of monthly data transfer
From our experience, the base package should cover the repository needs of most medium to small organizations.
The Artifactory Online cloud-based repository manager is offered with a 30-day, completely free trial period, so you are welcome to give it a go.
You can try out Artifactory Online and learn more about the service at: http://www.artifactoryonline.com/art-online.php.
The JFrog Artifactory Team