Aspose.Newsletter February 2015: Working with Word Docs in Cloud & Much More
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Aspose Newsletter for February 2015 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java, SharePoint components, Android & REST APIs. It also includes information about working with word documents in the Cloud, Support for WordArt and DrawingML in Excel Worksheets, Rendering Charts as Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Now Available in Aspose.Cells, comparing Aspose.Cells for Java to Apache POI, HTML5 PDF Editor Showcases Aspose.Pdf for .NET & much more.
Working with Word Documents in the Cloud?
Aspose.Words for Cloud is a platform independent REST API that enables developers working in the cloud to manipulate Word documents using any language: .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby, Rails, Python, jQuery and many more. Start a free Trial
Aspose.Words Extends Support for WordArt and DrawingML
Aspose.Words now features a new reporting engine that supports LINQ method syntax in report templates. There are many improvements related to quality and performance of rendering DrawingML, WordArt, linked textboxes, connected shapes, floating tables, right-to-left and Asian languages. Read more about the extented support for WordArt and DrawingML
Rendering Charts as Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Now Available in Aspose.Cells
Aspose.Cells provides the ability to export charts in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format, an XML-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics which supports integration and animation. SVG has many benefits including that it can result in a reduced image size, especially when compressed, and has the ability to maintain crisp details at various zoom levels. SVG is quickly gaining support with most modern web browsers. Find out what else is new
Aspose.Tasks 8.0.0 features a revamped API
Aspose.Tasks for .NET 8.0.0 has a completely overhauled API. The new API provides all the functionality supported by the legacy API and is easier to use. Some features of the new API includes an improved API architecture, generic methods for collections, and static classes for each collection type. Find out more
Comparing Aspose.Cells for Java to Apache POI
We’ve developed a number of projects that allow developers to compare Aspose APIs to other APIs on the market. One of these compares Aspose.Cells for Java to Apache POI SS (HSSF + XSSF). The latest version of the project gives examples of Microsoft Excel features that only Aspose supports. Read the article
HTML5 PDF Editor Showcases Aspose.Pdf for .NETTo illustrate the power of Aspose.Pdf for .NET, we have created an HTML5 Pdf editor. It lets you open and edit Adobe Pdf files online. You can open files from disk or Dropbox. To try it out, download the source code. Read more
Updates about new Product Releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Words for .NET 14.12.0 - Support for Shape Connectors, Improvements in Tight Wrapping, Overlapped and Nested Floating Objects, and much more.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.9.0 - Identify image type within PDF, extract table border and on the fly resource optimization, and fixes.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.10.0 - WordArt Rendering and Improved HTML Export and other enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 6.7.0 – Introduces Patch Code Encoding and Windows Embedded Compact Support, and other improvements.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 8.0.0 – Features a revamped API for ease of use and understanding.
- Aspose.Email for .NET 4.9.0 - Supports sending Outlook task requests.
- Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.7.0 – Support for converting AutoCAD Drawings to PDF and other image formats, and other fixes.
- Aspose.Total for Java – a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 8.3.1 – Performance enhancing maintenance release that fixes a number of rendering and conversion issues.
- Aspose.Words for Java 14.11.0 - Support for Shape Connectors, Improvements in Tight Wrapping, Overlapped and Nested Floating Objects, and much more.
- Aspose.Pdf for Java 9.7.0 – PDF to DOC conversion and PDF to MHTML conversion and a number of fixes.
- Aspose.Slides for Java 14.10.0 – Support for adding Layouts and WordArt rendering, and much more.
- Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.4.0 – Render to PNG, JPG, and BMP bug fixes.
- Aspose.Email for Java 4.7.0 – Send Tasks request and support for email protocols SMTP, POP3 and IMAP, and fixes..
- Aspose.Diagram for Java 4.0.0 – Various enhancements and fixes to improve shape management.
- Aspose.Imaging for Java 2.4.0 – Support for AutoCAD 2004 DWG format, data recovery from TIFFs and various fixes.
- Aspose.Total for Cloud – RTF compression implemented, and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Total for Android – all the latest versions of our Android APIs.
- Aspose.Cells for Android 8.3.0– Get equation text of chart trend line and retrieve workbook state and other enhancements
- Aspose.Pdf for Android 1.5.0 – Support of TIFF, adder Pdf Viewer façade, and fixes.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports– The latest versions of our JasperReports products.
- Aspose.Words for JasperReports 2.2.0 – Support for JasperReports 5.6.x and 6.0.x
- Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports 1.4.0 – Support for custom fonts and compatibility with latest JasperReports.
Supporting User Groups and Conferences
In February Aspose is sponsoring a number of user groups and upcoming events, including:
- 10-12 March: Devnexus 2015, Atlanta, GA
- 24-26 March: DevWeek 2015, London, UK.
Would you like us to sponsor your user group? Get in contact at email@example.com
ATTENTION: Aspose is no Longer Accepting Checks.
As part of our paperless initiative, Aspose will no longer accept payments by check. We do accept payments by credit card or wire transfer. If your business is unable to pay by wire or credit card, then please visit with a local reseller, as they may be able to accommodate payment by check. Please see No Checks Policy for more details.
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, October 2013 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter
Aspose Pty Ltd Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road Lane Cove,
NSW, 2066 Australia
Aspose - Your File Format Experts
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.