Aspose Newsletter for January 2013 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows setting a follow-up flag and due date for MSG Files with Aspose.Email for .NET & a migration tip for adding a new worksheet to a workbook. The video tutorial shows exporting presentations to PDF with Aspose.Slides for .NET.
2012 in Review – New Products, New Ventures
Welcome to 2013! - 2012 was Aspose’s 10th year in business. We celebrated by reconnecting with some of our first customers to find out what they had been up to and what they’re planning next. They see a future of increased demand for instant data and are working more and more with online content. It’s been an interesting decade for us, and for our users too. Connecting with old customers was great, but we had to look forward too. 2012 saw the release of new products and heard us announce a number of ventures. We continued autoporting and improving our products and won several awards. We have great plans for 2013. Read more about what Aspose has achieved.
Special Holiday Offer: 25% off Aspose.TotalWe’re offering 25% off Aspose.Total until the end of January 2013. Simply quote XMAS2012NL when placing your order. (The offer is only available to new license purchases of Aspose.Total and cannot be used in conjunction with another offer. This offer is only available directly from Aspose.com, not through third parties or resellers.). Place order here
Product Spotlight: Aspose.Pdf
Aspose.Pdf lets you work with Adobe Acrobat PDF files on a number of platforms. Aspose.Pdf for .NET and Java are aimed at developers who need to create and manipulate PDF files in their applications. Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint lets users export lists, list items and Wiki pages to PDF format. Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services and JasperReports, meanwhile, lets you output reports to PDF format for easy information sharing. Whichever platform you work on, Aspose.Pdf makes your life easier. Download a trial. Click here to download the latest version.
Technical Article – Setting a Follow-up Flag and Due Date for MSG Files with Aspose.Email for .NET
A follow-up flag marks an email messages for some kind of action and is often associated with a due date. Aspose.Email for .NET lets you code follow-up flags and due dates for Microsoft Outlook messages. It helps you automate certain types of email and help email recipients remember to act on messages. Click below to read the complete article.
Updates about new Product Releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET – a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Words for .NET 11.9.0 – our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.5.0: - support for PDF/A-2, getting field appearance details and other useful new features.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.9.0 - support for animated GIFs, adding ActiveX Controls to slides, adding slide notes to TIFFs and more.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET 2.8.0 – extends the Shape.OneD property to all shapes and introduces an API for refreshing record sets.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 4.9.0 - Calculate BCWS, BCWP, ACWP and CV values when reading data from MPP files and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Email for .NET 2.4.0 - improves SMTP client activity logging and fixes a number of exceptions.
- Aspose.Total for Java - a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Words for Java 11.9.0 - our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Slides for Java 6.7.1 - brings the version number in line with Aspose.Slides for .NET and fixes a few issues.
- Aspose.BarCode for Java 5.0.0: adds recognition for RM4SCC as well as a number of enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Email for Java 2.4.0 - a maintenance release that resolves a number of fixes.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Cells for SharePoint 3.0.0 - convert several files at once and preview documents from within SharePoint.
- Aspose.Words for SharePoint 2.7.0 - a maintenance release with a large number of enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Email for SharePoint 1.5.0 - Convert several files at once, select all when extracting attachments and other enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint 1.5.1- maintenance release that fixes a license issue.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
- Aspose.Cells for SSRS 1.9.0 - support for SSRS 2012 and other new features and fixes.
- Aspose.Slides for SSRS 4.6.0 - improvements to how bullets are rendered and other fixes.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports - a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
Tutorial Video – Exporting Presentations to PDF with Aspose.Slides for .NET
Users often want presentation files in other formats. People want presentations as PDFs so they can share them or read them online, or they want to use the cover slide as a thumbnail on a website. There are lots of uses for presentations and slides beyond the presentation format. Aspose.Slides for .NET helps you convert Microsoft PowerPoint presentations to a number of other formats. This tutorial shows how to export to PDF, TIFF and XPS. Click below to watch the Video tutorial.
Migration Tip – Adding a New Worksheet to a Workbook with Aspose.Cells for .NET
You’re programming with spreadsheets and need to add a worksheet to a workbook, populate it with data and make sure that it is the active sheet. (That is, it should be at the front when the spreadsheet is opened.) There are different ways of achieving this: use Microsoft Office Automation or free yourself from dependence on Office tools and use Aspose.Cells for .NET. This article compares the two methods. Read the complete migration tip about Adding a New Worksheet to a Workbook with Aspose.Cells for .NET.
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, Sepetember 2012 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.Contact Information
Aspose Pty Ltd Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road Lane Cove,
NSW, 2066 Australia