Aspose Newsletter for July 2013 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java, SharePoint components and REST APIs. This month’s technical article shows rendering Gantt Charts with Aspose.Tasks for .NET & migration tip for protecting & removing Protection from Workbooks with VSTO & Aspose.Cells for .NET. The video tutorial shows creating a Table with Aspose.Word.
SD Times 100 and Aspose Cloud APIs
Aspose are delighted to find ourselves on the SD Times 100 list again this year. It’s an inspiring list and we’re pleased to be in the company of companies such as IBM and Microsoft (AML & Development Tools), Amazon and Google (The Cloud), and Android Open Source Project and Apply (Mobile). You’ll find us in the APIs, Libraries and Frameworks category. Read complete story
Aspose.Slides helps you work with Microsoft PowerPoint files from within your own applications. Use Aspose.Slides for SSRS or JasperReports to export reports to native Microsoft PowerPoint presentations. Use Aspose.Slides for SharePoint to convert PowerPoint presentations to other file formats, like PDF. Or use Aspose.Slides for .NET or Java to create, convert and manipulate presentations from within .NET or Java applications. Create slide stacks, automate monthly presentations, convert slides to images or change formatting, content and images. Aspose.Slides gives you the control you need. View Examples
Product Spotlight: Aspose for Cloud
Aspose creates APIs and components that help developers and system admins work with files. The latest addition to our product stable is Aspose for Cloud, a collection of REST APIs that allow developers to work with documents in the cloud. If you already use Aspose APIs, you’ll recognize our new products: Aspose.Cells for Cloud, Aspose.Words for Cloud, Aspose.Pdf for Cloud, Aspose.Slides for Cloud, Aspose.BarCode for Cloud and Aspose.OCR for Cloud. Find out more about Aspose for cloud platform
Technical Article – Rendering Gantt Charts with Aspose.Tasks for .NET
With Aspose.Tasks for .NET, developers can program with Microsoft Project files. Saving out Gantt charts to an image format is one of the tasks our users often need to perform. Not everyone in the organization has access to Project, so images are a great way to share project plans. With Aspose.Tasks, you can set timelines and roll up bars at the point of rendering. Read the complete technical article about Rendering Gantt Charts.
Updates about new Product Releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET – a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.5.0 - insert image based on cell reference, improved formula calculation speed and a number of enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Words for .NET 13.5.0 –HTML parser conforms to HTML5, improved DrawingML chart rendering and over 100 improvements and fixes.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.1.0 - PDF to DOCX conversion, normal PDF to searchable PDF conversion and a number of fixes.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.5.1 - maintenance release that resolves an out of memory exception when exporting PPT to PDF.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 5.5.0 - render project data to XAML and print MPP files.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET 3.3.0 –conversion improvements and other fixes
- Aspose.Imaging for .NET 1.8.0– support for large images and adding existing frames from different sources to a TIFF image.
- Aspose.Email for .NET 3.0.0 - adds a number of enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Total for Java - a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 7.5.0 – a number of enhancements and fixes that improves large XLSX files, conversion, issues with JBOSS and more.
- Aspose.Words for Java 13.5.0 - HTML parser conforms to HTML5, improved DrawingML chart rendering and over 100 improvements and fixes.
- Aspose.Slides for Java 7.4.0 - add ActiveX controls from scratch and a number of other enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.BarCode for Java 5.4.2 – fixes issues with recognition from TIFF images and improves Pdf417 recognition.
- Aspose.Email for Java 3.0.0 - lets you add MAPI contacts, notes, tasks, journal entries and calendars to PST files.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Words for SharePoint 2.9.0 - improved style handling in tables, improved DrawingML chart 3D mode, PDF rendering and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
- Aspose.Slides for SSRS 4.8.1 –a maintenance release with a couple of fixes.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports - a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
- NEW! Aspose.Total for Cloud – all our Cloud products in one package.
- NEW! Aspose.Cells for Cloud – create, manipulate and convert spreadsheets.
- NEW! Aspose.Words for Cloud – create, manipulate and convert word processing documents.
- NEW! Aspose.Pdf for Cloud – create, edit and convert PDF files.
- NEW! Aspose.Slides for Cloud – create, modify and convert presentations.
- NEW! Aspose.BarCode for Cloud – generate and recognize batcodes.
- NEW! Aspose.OCR for Cloud – scan documents and recognize characters in images.
Tutorial Video – Creating a Table with Aspose.Words for .NET
Tables are great for displaying data in an easy to read way. With Aspose.Words for .NET, developers can create tables with external data, images, text and formatting. This video tutorial shows you how. First, it looks at a table created in Microsoft Word and then shows you how to duplicate it with Aspose.Words using the DocumentBuilder class. Watch the video
Migration Tip – Protecting and Removing Protection from Workbooks with VSTO and Aspose.Cells for .NET
Some worksheets have to be protected so that users can’t remove or add pages, or to make sure that it is displayed the same way every time it is opened. With Aspose.Cells for .NET, it is possible to build protection into a worksheet. This migration tip shows how to protect – and remove protection from – worksheets with VSTO and Aspose.Cells and how to apply password protection to a file. Read the complete migration tip here about protecting and removing protection from workbooks.
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, July 2013 edition
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
Aspose Pty Ltd Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road Lane Cove,
NSW, 2066 Australia