AWS Weekly: New Regions, Hybrid Management, and Encryption
Here's a quick summary of what happened in the AWS universe last week.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Monday, June 27
- AWS announced a new region: Asia Pacific (Mumbai).
- Server Density is discussing Alert Costs for DevOps engineers.
- AWS Compute Blog explains how to Create and Deploy a Chat Bot to AWS Lambda in Five Minutes
Tuesday, June 28
- AWS announced a new network interface for EC2 instances, called Elastic Network Adapter (ENA). An ENA supports up to 20 Gbps of network bandwidth.
- SNS supports worldwide SMS now.
Wednesday, June 29
- Elastic File System is generally available allowing you link storage over NFS to your EC2 instances.
Thursday, June 30
- AWS announced the possibility restoring an encrypted Aurora database from an unencrypted backup.
Friday, July 1
- EC2 Run Commands are supporting Hybrid Cloud Management now.
- AWS APN Blog described (How to Deploy a High Availability Web Service on AWS Using Spotinst)[https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/apn/how-to-deploy-a-high-availability-web-service-on-aws-using-spotinst/].
Published at DZone with permission of Andreas Wittig. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.