Backbone.js and CoffeeScript are a great match. I'm so excited about using them together that I'm writing an online book that teaches Backbone.js in CoffeeScript. It is hardly a unique idea: There are a many people writing blog posts, tutorials, and even screencasts about Backbone.js with the examples in CoffeeScript.
I have a list of these resources that I've been intending to publish since quite a while. It just has this tendency to keep growing longer!
Entries are listed in my best effort at reverse chronological order, from newest (top) to oldest (bottom):
- Fun with CoffeeScript and Backbone.js (2012/6/6)
- Backbone + CoffeeScript: Quick Tour chapter (2012/5/8, interactive)
- iHiD: Backbone.js, CoffeeScript, Jasmine, HAML and Rails working together (2012/4/28)
- Backbone Contacts with CoffeeScript, MVC4, and Web API (2012/4/3)
- CoffeeTodo - CoffeeScript and Backbone.js tutorial (2012/2/6)
- PeepCode: Backbone.js Persistence (2011/11/23, screencast)
- Simplify using static class properties in Backbone.js with Coffeescript (2011/10/8)
- Routeless Backbone Contacts (2011/10/3)
- The Backbone Store, version 2.0 – Backbone.js with Coffeescript, HAML, and Stylus edition! (2011/8/22)
- Single Page Web Applications with CoffeeScript, Backbone and Jasmine (2011/8/21, slides)
- jasongiedymin/backbone-todojs-coffeescript (2011/7/11, example app)
- Binding Updates to Model Changes in Backbone/CoffeeScript (2011/6/27)
- Simplest Ever Backbone.js/CoffeeScript Example (2011/6/26)
- CoffeeScript, Meet Backbone.js (2011/6/12)
- Kicking butt with CoffeeScript, Underscore, and Backbone (2011/5/23)
- Atomic Spin: Using Backbone.js with CoffeeScript (2011/5/6)
- Violet Hill: CoffeeScript with Backbone.js Example (2011/4/6)
- Using Backbone.js in CoffeeScript (2010/10/15)
No doubt I have missed a few, and I am certain there will more to come. If you would like me to update this post with your tutorial/screencast/example, please link to it in a comment, with the publication date if it's not prominently displayed.