Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Basher is an attempt to provide a simple way of testing POJO services under various, thread intensive operations. It combines the notion of a set of smaller tasks, working to together to exercise the code that you as a developer is writing, be it for a single thread or ten.
It is not a replacement for the many excellent tools out there, such as Grinder or JMeter. Instead, it aims to be a complement to them, to be used during the development cycle to catch early thread & performance issues.
Bashers aim is to provide, in an easy manner, the means to:
- Thread test: Build a set of tasks to check that the POJO services behave when running in a multi-threaded environment
- Profile: Build up a set of reproducible profiling 'runs'
- Measure Performance: Integrate Basher into the normal development life-cycle, major changes in performance of components can be tracked easily
- YourKit profiling support includes
- Further support for BeanShell during runs
Basher runs as a Maven 2 plug-in, ready for integration into your build.
This is the first officially announced release and we are looking for feedback!
Have a look and let us know what you think!
Basher home page:
PS: As an honest heads up - Basher does what it promises, but currently lacks in the area of reporting & statistics! Contributions are most welcome!
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.