Make sure you didn't miss anything with this list of the Best of the Week in the NoSQL Zone (April 10 - April 17). Here they are, in order of popularity:
- Over a year ago, I did a post on Spark and Cassandra. At the time, Calliope was your best bet. Since then, Spark has exploded in popularity.
- A question came up in the mailing list regarding searching across related entities. In particular, the scenario is the notion of a player and characters in MMORPG game.
- Yesterday I spent the day in Berlin delivering a workshop as part of the Data Science Retreat and one of the exercises we did was write a query that would pull back all the information you’d need to create the IMDB page for a movie.
- One of the advantages of MongoDB over various NoSQL systems and key/value stores is the ability to update individual fields atomically in the same way developers are already used to doing in RDBMS. This is not limited to specific types of operations, and can be used with any value.
- You’ll have seen the excitement around the Neo4j 2.2 Release, and might have seen a few items about the Cypher query language. We in the Cypher team are delighted that our new Cypher Query Optimizer, codenamed ‘Ronja’, has been a big part of the release, and we’d love to share some of the details with you.